Cruentus Luna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cruentus Luna

The area of Seattle has been inhabited for almost 4, 000 years. The earliest inhabitants were the Duwamish Tribe, and with them, came their legends of the man-wolf. Werewolves have inhabited this land long before the first Europeans came.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dragon and HFCP

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 3:29 am

Bridgette's smile faded as soon as Max faded from her sight. She shifted, and the red she-wolf was standing before Cathal in a matter of minutes. The dark gray wolf whimpered, but grinned crookedly.

"You...you look good, Bridge," he stammered. She nodded, and did not return his smile. His face sank, and his entire body seemed to droop.

"Bridge, you know I didn't"

"I know, Cathal," she interrupted. She didn't want to hear him apologize. She could see the pain in his eyes. He could barely look at her.

"Max was hurt, and he isn't back to full strength. He needs at least a week to recover, before your match can take place...unless you'd fight him now?" she said. There was bitterness in her voice, and Cathal cringed. He shook his giant head.

"No, no, Bridge. You know I never would. He can have whatever time he needs," he answered. She nodded, and turned her back to go.

"Bridge?" he called. She paused and glanced over her shoulder.

"It won't be so bad. I love you. I promise I'll always treat you like you deserve," he said. She forced herself not to shudder at the idea of Max's death, and the idea of her being forever Cathal's mate. Instead, she simply sprinted away.

~~~

"Max."

Daciana's voice cracked in the cave like a whip, and quickly shattered any lightened mood. She did not move from her seat. Obviously, she expected him to come to her. She was Alpha after all.

"I want a full report of what happened between you, Bridgette, and Cathal. Do not skip anything. I especially want to hear of this Seer who saved the both of you," she ordered. Her back was still towards him, and she did not move. There was no emotion in her voice, just authority. The authority of an Alpha, and now Jay knew that she wasn't afraid or hesitant to prove it.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 4:01 am

Max approuched quickly, "He approuched me and Bridgette and threatened Jay. Bridgette forced him to swear that he would not hurt Jay. Words were exchanged and he grew infuriated by me. When he tried to attack me he caught Bridgette and tossed her in to a tree. I refused the rite he sighted and stole Bridgette away. We went to the closest place."

Jay came as close as she dared, "She had extensive injury but the Seer came to us. At first I was warry but did as she bid and brought her night shade and meat."

"Me and Victor came in now. I was worried but at first I couldn't handle the blood. When Bridgette was set she seemed intrigued by me," Jay fidgeted and Max took over quickly.

"I reset Bridgette's femure as it had healed back wrong. Then I washed her and the Seer came in."

"Her name is Caitire."

"I-" Max hesitated and exchanged a look with Jay, "I let them see my curse. A vampire spirit named Marriah. I nearly let her kill me when Bridgette threatened to leave as she was innocent. It was a bit melodramatic but Jay banished her though leaving me a rather nasty cut."

Jay grabbed his hand and squeezed it, "I was healed by the Seer and Jay and Victor returned as they did and then I returned. Bridgette is meeting with Cathal now. Telling him when the date that I will be ready to fight him is and showing him that she is okay as he does love her." His voice seemed off as he said this. He was worried about her.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 4:17 am

Daciana listened to their report with a completely stoic face. Her eyes narrowed a bit, when they mentioned Caitire, but she did not interrupt. However, when Max spoke of his curse, all the color drained from her face.

"Do you mean to tell me that a soul, a real soul was attached to you? It couldn't return to the afterlife?" she asked. Her voice was high and shrill and filled with a desperation that neither Max nor Jay thought her capable of. Before they could answer, a red she-wolf came bounding into the cave. She licked her lips clean of fresh blood, and cocked her head, unaware of why there was such tension.

"Max," she whispered, "Cathal said he'd give you all the time you needed. No time limit.".

She said nothing more, but waited for someone to end this strange, tense silence.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 4:23 am

Bridgette came in and he was distracted briefly. He took off his pants immediatly and changed. Moving close to Bridgette, "Yes, a spirit could not cross over." Max leaned against Bridgette's side.

Jay shook her head and moved back to the cave. She was going to wait out the sunrise. Then noon would find this place dark and devoid of any sunlight.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 3:10 pm

Without a word, Daciana shifted, and the black she-wolf bounded out of the cave. Jay saw her head towards Victor. They discussed something she couldn't understand, and then Daciana left. She was going towards Caitire.

The red she-wolf licked Max's muzzle, and nipped his ear affectionately.

"What do you think that was about?" she asked. She sat down on her haunches and gazed at him with her stormy blue eyes that held only love and curiosity. It had been long years since there was no trace of bitterness or hatred or even pain. This was the Bridgette that Aslin had known for most of his life, his real little sister returned. Before Max could answer her, she looked out the cave at the brightening day.

"You need to practice if you're going to beat Cathal. I've scruffed with him since I was a pup, so I know all his moves. Obviously, I don't have the power he does, but you'll want to learn to dodge and deflect his moves, not block, so that shouldn't be a problem. If you're feeling up to it, we should start as soon as possible. Jay will be fine; Victor will see to that," she said. The Beta's scent was strong on the wind. He was making territorial rounds about the cave and was never more than a few moments sprint away. She said nothing of her leg, though Max hadn't exactly expected her to.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:10 pm

Max didn't answer. He had no idea what it was about either. Though his face changed to consern when she mentioned scuffeling to train with her. He pressed his golden muzzle against her side before looking up at her.

"I were hurt, air," his gaze was stern, "I think a better plan would be to kill two birds with one stone. I'll train with Jay. Besides I've been dieing to test out her new strength."

With a bark and a move like a puppy he moved away to nip at Jay playfully. She laughed and seemed to know exactly what he wanted because she picked up his pants and held them out, "Pants on and then yes."

Disgruntled Max changed and placed on his pants, "How did you know?"

Jay rolled her eyes, "You always look so surprised when I use half my strength."

"What do you say Bridgette? She'll need practise too," It was strange to think that normal he would actualy be fighting with Jay for her death. She was a vampire after all.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 12:03 am

Bridgette sighed, but nodded.

"We may as well get you warmed up," she said. She did not bother telling Jay she meant no offense. The vampire couldn't understand her.

"But Max," she said, her tone lowering, "You'll be fighting in wolf form. It's the code, and you will need to know what you're up against, so sparring with me will be best,". The red she-wolf padded to the edge of the cave and sat down to watch. He could see there was worry in her eyes, but she said nothing.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 1:26 am

"I beat you remember?" Max pointed out light heartedly, "And you are probably one of the fastest werewolves alive." Jay smiled suddenly remembering Bridgette and Max's strange meeting in the alley.

Though Jay moved with blinding speed and raced towards Max. Trying to kick him but he caught her foot though he looked startled him self, "No Jackie Chan here. Try some basics."

He didn't hit her with half as much as he would for a regular vampire fighting one on one. He slamed his fist in to her chest and she stumbled backwards. Recovering quickly then he thought she strung out a few punches. Blocking most of them until it felt as if she appeared under him and knocked his jaw hard.

Taking a few steps back he rubbed his jaw, "That can't be all your strength."

Jay just smiled wickedly and danced on her toes Max shook his head, "You'll tire your self out that way. It's good to be prepared but hopping about runs you down."

Stopping Jay looked at her feet and Max moved forward. Captureing her in both arms with his mouth inches from her neck, "Dead."

"Stop it! I could bite back you know," She promptly did biting in to his neck. With a yelp Max forced her away and moved to circle her slowly. Jay circled him back.

In some tricky movement that Jay was distracted by he changed saving his pants and was pounced on top of her. The golden fur shimmering even here.

"How did you do that?" Jay asked stunned.

Changing so she could understand though he still had her pinned down, "That fur comes in handy. Acts a bit like a shield I guess. I don't use it much. After all that just seems very self centered."

Jay smiled but forced Max off with a hard kick to the chest. Max landed on the ground changed again. A bark of laughter as they began to circle again.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 3:12 am

"Beat me?" Bridgette barked indignantly, "You cheated, remember? You were beaten and then just had to get up again,". The red she-wolf snorted irritably, and lifted her nose in arrogance. The fiery Bridgette was definitely still around.

"Stubborn ass," she muttered in a snarl, but a smile played on her lips. She watched the two wrestle, and laughed. She howled in laughter every time Jay landed a hit. It was obvious who she was rooting for. The red she-wolf's tail was wagging now as they circled again. She winked at Jay and when Max's back was turned, she bit his heel hard. It was the perfect distraction.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:27 pm

"Just cause you like my ass," Though quickly enough he was distracted and turned on Bridgette. With out a word Jay leaped on him. Wrapping her arms around his chest and trapping his legs against him self. He fell hard with a thud. Though it scrapped both of them up.

Max barked, "You win." Though he fell limp and Jay let him go. Barking he turned though was embarrassed by the defeat. He had been caught so easily. How would he ever keep Bridgette by his side?

Shaking his head roughly he leaped at Jay. Grabbing the leg of her pants and yanking hard. Though it didn't rip she fell hard on her butt and burst in to laughter, "That was pretty cheap."

Max rolled her eyes at her and she laughed more, "I didn't ask Bridgette to help."

Max just huffed and sat down though he was strangely not the same any more. He kept his eyes warily on both Bridgette and Jay. His ears twitching. Getting 'in the zone' he guessed.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 3:05 am

Bridgette's eyes were no longer playful. The stormy blue was clouded over with worry. The red she-wolf stood, and padded over to Max slowly. Licking his muzzle, she whimpered a silent apology.

"This fight isn't going to have time-outs, Max. If something distracts you in the forest, a branch cracking or a bird squawking....Max, Cathal..." she whined. She felt a lump growing in the back of her throat, and couldn't finish her sentence.

Cathal will kill him. I can't let this happen...I've got to stop this...

Bridgette shifted, and shrugged on her red robe. She turned to look down at Max, and scratched behind his left ear.

"You think you can give me and Jay a little space to talk? Girl talk, you know?" she asked. She bent down and kissed the tip of his cold, wet nose, and smiled weakly. Victor was still running rounds around their small territory, but two noses were always better than one. Plus, she needed to talk to Jay, the sooner, the better, and she didn't want Max overhearing.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 4:41 pm

Max just drew away from her touch. He wasn't mad at her just deeply frustrated with him self. With out a word to Bridgette he drew away and ran off to join Victor running the opposite way he was so that they passed but he never stopped. Just nodded respectfully once and was off.

Jay looked worriedly after Max. After a moment she took an unneeded breath and turned to Bridgette. She frowned knowing that this wasn't going to be normal girl talk after all they were both enemy species.

"I thought we were training?" Jay asked quietly and her gaze shifted to where he had left to though it quickly came back to Bridgette. Her hands fiddled with the end of her shirt with nerves. A motion doubled by the fact that it looked as if someone had put her hands in fast motion but not the rest of her.

Jay looked down at her hands and smoothed out her shirt. She was no longer sure what to make of Bridgette. Wanting nothing to do with him in a matter of moments even with out explanation. Max was willing to die for her if the need be and to Jay it seemed no longer that the opposite was also true.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 5:58 pm

Bridgette's fire left with Max. It was almost a physical change. Her eyes appeared sunken in. Her cheeks hallow. Her lips cracked. Her eyes glazed. Collapsing on the cave floor, she leaned against the coolness of the rock behind her, and closed her eyes. She looked weak, as if Jay could kill her without any effort at all. It looked as if she was already half-dead.

"Jay, I don't think he can do it," she said softly. Even her voice sounded weak. It wavered, and was soft, barely above a whisper.

"I don't think he can beat Cathal, and Cathal will not show him mercy. Cathal will kill him, Jay," she said. Her words hung about the cave like a curse, like some horrible omen had just been pronounced over them. Over Max. Bridgette hugged her knees to her chest, and dropped her head, hiding her face.

"What if the only way I can save his life is to end this? Please.." she pleaded helplessly, "Please don't yell at me, but I'm afraid I'm out of options. I'm afraid that I can let Max die for me, or I can stop all this and go to Cathal. I'd do it if it meant he would live." Her body shuddered violently, and she looked up. Her eyes were red and swollen, and tears trickled down her hallow, pale cheeks.

"Would Max keep living? For you, I mean?" she asked. She closed her eyes, afraid of Jay's reaction. Suddenly, she remembered the vampire's words. A tramp...who didn't deserve him....She laughed bitterly, and nodded.

"You were right about me, Jay," she said darkly, glaring at the cave floor.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 1:34 am

Jay didn't feel great sympathy. Wary and trying her best to keep her self on her toes she watched Bridgette, "Maybe, what I said was true but he loves you and not believe in him hurts both of you."

She wasn't sure what Bridgette wanted her to say. Yeah, Max wasn't strong enough blah blah blah. Instead she stood up tall looked squarely at Bridgette and stated, "You shouldn't go. No matter what you shouldn't go. You are a distraction to him. If no one but him and Cathal are there he can win but not with you."

Shaking her head as if to back up what she had said Jay looked up over Bridgette. There was a flash of gold and that was all. Though now instinctevly she followed both Victor's and Max's track through the trees.

((O.O I didn't post for waaaaaaaaaaaay to long! I is sorry!!!!!!!!!))
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 10:53 pm

Bridgette did not speak for a while. Her hollow, lifeless eyes stared in front of her into nothing. Slowly, a smile crept across her thin, parched lips. It was not a pleasant smile. It was the smile Jay had seen her give to her inferiors, before she had changed, before Jay had changed. It was taut with bitterness, anger, even hatred.

"Then I'll be the reason he's dead, and you'll hate me," she said softly. It was not a question. She was stating what she believed, and despite her apparent physical weakness, she was still not one to be argued with. She had made up her mind.

"But it doesn't matter. Reve will kill me soon, and I'll follow him. I won't be Cathal's whore for long," she whispered. Without a word, she stood.

"Max needs to learn Cathal's moves. I'm going to go show him what to expect, and how to counter them," she said. It was as if she had not just pronounced a death sentence on Max, and herself. She walked to the edge of the cave and sniffed the air. She could make it to Max fast, and Victor was more than capable enough of keeping the perimeter. Bridgette had made up her mind, and she didn't need to voice it to Jay. She would stay with Max, for however long he was alive, even if she had no hope. She paused, as though she were waiting for Jay to comfort her, though by her body language she expected to be struck instead.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 1:50 am

Jay did want to hit her. Knock her to the ground and hit her face in to the dust. Taking a deep breath and walking quietly she made it over to Bridgette and grabbed on to her upper arm.

"Bridgette, he will win. You really think that he would die? Max is too damn stubborn to die to any one else but him self. He loves you too much for his own good and as a result he will never quit. He will keep fighting until he beats Cathal," Jay shook her head as if tired of even having to discuss such things with her.

Moving away quickly she moved back to the back of the cave and leaned against the wall. No longer paying attention to Bridgette. It was obvious that she no longer wished to talk. Instead she stared out side. Tracking everyone with in her mind.

Max paused breathing hard. He would let Victor take over for the time being. The had talked enough. Taking on a fast trot he made his way towards the cave. Soon Bridgette came in to sight and he barked in greeting.

He felt better now. Strong and exhilarated to be doing such a pack thing as running a perimeter. He felt as if he could definitely concentrate on training to fight Cathal. He wasn't an idiot to think that he could beat him flat out. First, learning. Then keeping Bridgette. Last, killing that monster of a vampire who dared threaten her.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 2:27 am

"I hope you're right."

It was all Bridgette whispered before she shifted. Now Jay saw the true advantage of the werewolf's canine form. None of the human pain, raw emotion, or weakness showed in her muzzle, brow, or even eyes. She was wolf. She was wild, untamed, free. The red she-wolf shot out into the daylight, away from Jay and her prison of shadows.

A yelp escaped her lips.

Damn...that leg isn't fully healed. But no matter. I've got to help Max train...It isn't part of the code if I am helping. Max needs to know Cathal's moves now. We don't have time to risk him finding out about it...

She forced herself back into a run, ignoring the pain screaming through her leg all the way up to her head. She was in front of Max in a few minutes. She wanted to scream, howl with pain and drop to her belly. Instead, she stood, with controlled breathing, and cracked a smile.

"We need to spar. You feeling up for it, stray?" she said. Her voice was not strained. It was playful, teasing, as if nothing in the world was wrong.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 1:08 am

Max's eyes narrowed on her. Instead of answering he moved around her in a circle before going to her leg. He knew it would take time to heal. Especialy with how bad it had been. He nuzzled her leg and gave it a lick.

"I've been hurt plenty of times, air," He looked at her straight in the eyes, "You're strong so you hide it well I can't find anything in what you look like that would suggest pain. Though following my gut. It probably still hurts like hell."

Pausing he sat back on his haunches and looked out above her head, "Tell you what, Victor is a pretty big guy. If he finishes then I can practise with him and you can supervise? Tell him some moves or something."

His face softened and he pushed his nose in to her beautiful red fur, "I don't want you hurt."
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 3:22 am

Bridgette stiffened, but didn't back away.

"I'm fine!" she snapped. Her eyes told him her voice had been crueler than she intended. She sighed, and shook her head.

"Power isn't the issue, Max. Cathal doesn't fight fair. You need to know what to expect," she said. Her voice was stern, and he knew she had made up her mind. She cracked a smile, and nipped his ear playfully.

"I promise not to put too much pressure on it. That's not what you need to focus on anyway. You need to
counter Cathal's move. Block them and..." she stopped speaking, and shut her mouth. She couldn't bring herself to say it.

Block his moves and he'll overpower you in minutes.

A shudder shook the red she-wolf violently, but she shook her head, trying to contain herself. She began to pace in front of Max. Her sides were never open for attack, and though her head swerved back and forth, her neck was protected as well. Suddenly, she lunged forward for Max's front left paw.

ooc:// Do me a favor and have him fall for the move. Just have his head lung down to protect his foot. Bridge is gonna move really fast. ;o
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptySat May 02, 2009 11:38 pm

Max started as she barked back at him but her face reassured him and he watched her carefully as he listened to what she had to say.

So, Cathal didn't fight fare? Well, Max wasn't even sure he knew the rules to such a thing so that wasn't exactly an issue. Besides he could already picture Cathal leaping on his back like he was a mountain lion. Instead of shivering he ruffled up his fur. He would be ready. Sure, he wouldn't kill him but that didn't mean he was going to take it easy.

Max's ears laid back in distress. She didn't think that he could beat Cathal. Sure, he needed a bit of training but he couldn't be that bad of a fighter? He could fight in his wolf form and only his wolf form. It was just easier confusing people as he switched in and out.

His eyes narrowed on focus as she paced restlessly. She lunged and he reacted blocking his paw with his head. Ducking it down to catch her own muzzle.

OOC:// I'm sorry Dragon. Been so busy lately. This weekend was as well. My old friend came down so been trying to spend time with him.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 12:00 am

Bridgette's jaws never clashed on Max's own. They had never intended to. It was a feint, and he had fallen for it. Her head darted around his, and before he had time to react, her jaws were around the knee joint of his right front leg in moments. Instead of biting down, which would have easily broken his leg, the she-wolf flew back, practically roaring. Her beautiful fire-licked fur was bristled, and her muzzle was curled back into a vicious snarl.

"Damnit, Max! What was that? Use your head! Why would Cathal go for your paw? He'll be breaking bones, and tearing flesh out of your body!" she roared. She shook her head. She shouldn't be this angry with him. It wasn't his fault that he didn't know Cathal's moves.

It's the fear. . .

Images of her parent's lifeless corpses staring at her washed over her. And then Max's own. Cathal stood over him, drenched in his blood, with that same, apologetic look in his face. As if it wasn't really his fault. The image was so sudden, and so strong, the she-wolf actually swayed. She barely caught herself...but on the wrong leg. The whisper of a painful yelp escaped her lips, but she quickly shifted her weight on her other three legs. Growling in frustration, she tenderly tested the leg out.

No damage done....damn thing's still weak though. I just have to remember to be mindful of it.

Bridgette took a long, cleansing breath, closing her storm-tossed eyes. They were ironic, her eyes. The color of water, the ocean, and yet, her temperament was that of a raging forest-fire. She opened her eyes, and met Max's. No time for apologies. If his feelings would hurt, they would discuss it after their training.

"There's a reason I'm the fastest wolf in the Northern Territories. It's because of Cathal. I couldn't beat him as a pup until I honed my speed. Cathal's powerful, very powerful. He's got more brute strength than even my brother. He'd be Alpha of the Darkfangs if he had more self-control," she explained slowly. Her breathing was controlled now, perfectly. If she was still in pain, he couldn't tell.

"Cathal's slow though, slower than you. Don't make contact unless..." she stopped, and pain washed over her face.

Oh Cathal....

"Unless it's your jaws making contact with his bones and flesh,".

Her voice was wavering now, choked. She closed her eyes, and though he saw her begin to tremble, she continued with her instructions.

"Find a way to break one of his legs. Do that, and you've won. He won't back down until he literally cannot rise, but...you'll be out of danger. He knows that as well as I do, so it won't be easy. He'll be watching for moves like the one I just used. You better be creative. Talk to Victor or Daciana. They're older than...well, any wolf should be. If any wolf knows tricks Cathal doesn't, you can bet it will be them," she suggested. She paused again, and walked towards Max slowly. There was something in her eyes that he couldn't quite interpret. She did not stop until their noses were almost touching.

"You have every right to kill him," she said flatly, "In fact, he would prefer if you did. He will see you sparing his life as the deepest insult you could ever give him. He will ask you to kill him." There was no emotion in her voice, but her eyes were screaming. The pain of wind that tossed the waves of ocean blue in her eyes was practically unbearable to even look at. She dropped her gaze, and walked away, her back to him. She stopped at the edge of their clearing. She had to know. Would he spare Cathal's life? Would Cathal beg for death? Would Caitire be able to bring herself to watch it? Could she herself even watch it?

Yes. She had to be there. It was the code. She was the life-mate of the winner. Her shoulders tensed, and she lifted her head defiantley. Even if she did have a choice, she would be there. For Max. Hell, for Cathal too. She turned back around. Her eyes still held the screaming pain, but there was fire, there was will, there was spirit.

"Let's try this again."
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 12:01 am

OOC:// I just got back from a camping trip, and it is now finals week for me, so it's fine. I'm afraid no one will be seeing much of me this week. Things will pick up once we all get through finals. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 9:51 pm

Max was silent as she burst in to anger. She was afraid he knew but it didn't irritate him any less. He had fought all his life. Mostly vampires of course but they were not typically brutish. Most of the time they were graceful beasts. When she whimpered he forced him self to not react. She might just get mad and he was tired of the anger.

He nodded his head slowly about talking to Daciana and Victor. It was good advise to break Cathal's leg. Plus it wouldn't kill him. That was the goal and he was not about to kill him especially if it hurt Bridgette.

She came close and her smell spilled over him. When she turned he felt a loss but the fire was back in her eyes. Her words made him growl though. A growl that held ferociousness, "No, Bridgette. I'm done with this. You need to rest I will need to..." He paused not sure if he should say it and decided it was best to, "think. Figure out some of my own questions. One important one is if I will let Cathal live if I must see you like this. I know you are asking that too. Though I do not wish to kill him I may not be able to help it in the heat of battle."

With frustration clear in his gaze his paws padded softly over the ground as he reached her. He changed and sat still beside her. One hand went out and cupped her red face in his strong palms. His thumbs gently rubbed against the russet fur, "I will do my best but a straight mind set and clear of seeing you in pain." His other hand went to her leg and his fingers brushed through it.

"I care only about you. I can train but only if I have the right mind set. You had to get one too when you were going to be the fastest wolf. You wanted to beat Cathal and that was your mind set. Mine is to protect you both emotionally and physically. Don't make me fail by having you train with me." He pressed his face in to her fur now. Taking in her scent but not yet changing.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptySat May 16, 2009 12:18 am

Bridgette did not struggle away from Max. Actually, she pressed her furry head into his warm chest, and sighed deeply. Max was right. He needed to think, and she was getting in the way of that. She looked back up, and gazed into his eyes. The pain had receded a bit. There was hope amongst the worry and sorrow, and it was shining through. Finally, she sighed again, and nodded her head.

"You're right. I'll go and get Daciana, and head back to the cave to rest with Jay," she replied. A crooked smile spread across her maw, and her tail began to wag slowly.

"Although, I wish I could stay here to watch. I'd bet my life's savings on Daciana. I bet she hands your tail to you on a silver platter," she barked, teasing him, and nipping at his ear playfully. She jumped up again to lick his cheek, and trotted to the end of their clearing. She lifted her beautiful head, and an ethereal, haunting howl broke the silence of the new day.

~~~

The black she-wolf stopped, her ears perking forward.

Bridgette...Max needs my help to train. Yes, of course. I should have...thought of that sooner. I cannot bear these distractions. I have not been acting as an Alpha should. Hell, I haven't been acting as a wolf should, but past is past. Now is the time to help my brother.

The Alpha lifted her head, and answered the call. She was coming.

~~~

Bridgette smiled, and looked back at Max.

"Good luck," she barked. Her voice was still playful, and he could tell she was feeling better. She had begun to believe.

"Fight well, my love,".

It was the last thing she said before bolting like a streak of fire away through the trees. Even a wound on her leg barely hindered her speed. But he knew Bridgette was far too prideful to let such a thing control her.

ooc:// Wasn't sure how long to make this. You can have Daciana make it to the clearing, and he can greet her. Smile I has missed you!!! -dragonflyingtacklehug-
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 EmptySat May 16, 2009 2:07 am

Max rolled his eyes but changed as she drew away. Her howl stopped him in his tracks. It wasn't a normal howl. In a way it reminded him of perhaps an alpha's call. Though of course she wasn't and it held a certain tone or respect.

He listened to Daciana's howl and gave her a wolfy grin. Though he sobered when she looked at him. Her parting words echoed in his mind for a while. Watching the russet flame that flew through the woods for a moment before turning.

Reading him self he waited. His paws spread wide to keep his balance and his head held slightly down, "Greetings, Alphess." It wasn't cocky just respectful. His eyes glittering.

Now he was going to get somewhere. Bridgette was a good fighter but too determind to realize she needed to have rest. Shoving Bridgette out of his mind he looked at Daciana instead. Waiting and watching.

((I know i has missed you too! -huggles back-))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dragon and HFCP
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next