Cruentus Luna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cruentus Luna

The area of Seattle has been inhabited for almost 4, 000 years. The earliest inhabitants were the Duwamish Tribe, and with them, came their legends of the man-wolf. Werewolves have inhabited this land long before the first Europeans came.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dragon and HFCP

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
HFCP

HFCP

Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 11:31 pm

Max was propped up against the bed when he heard the soft knock. The vampire that stepped in was beautiful. Though she wreaked of death. An angel of death. Her cat streaked under one of the dressers. His attention was quickly gone from both.

His eyes were on Bridgette. He felt hallow because of Jay's change and the other vampire just made him feel worse. Then to his surprise she hesitated on leaving. His stomach seemed to knot it's self in to a tiny ball. How long had it been sense he had gotten something to eat?

Getting to his feet he picked up the wallet that was still in the bag Jay had been packing. He moved beside Bridgette and gave her a smile though his face was tired and full of sadness, "This is no place for a werewolf. Would you come get something to eat with me?"

He didn't add that though he could no longer touch Jay he did need some company. Hadn't she said that her brother was the pack leader? How would he react when he found out that Bridgette had left for a vampire? His empty stomach tightened a little more. As if trying to eat it's self.

It was his fault after all. He could have staid and nothing bad would have happened. Poor Jay. Her words still echoed in his head. Tell Bridgette that he felt something towards her? She would hate it. Besides there was pretty much nothing to describe it any way.

Jay's gaze was locked on the vampire now. She was absolutely amazing. An angel and she smelled wonderful. Though Max smelled disgusting now. That troubled her. Things were so much more intense when you were a vampire.

"I'm a vampire," She stated slowly trying not to jump at her own voice, "I drank blood from Max." She turned away from the vampire. She was disgusted and hungry for more at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 1:34 am

"This is no place for a werewolf. Would you come get something to eat with me?"

Bridgette's eyes darted to Max's face, but quickly returned to staring at the dresser where the cat was hissing at her. She could smell death on the cat. Apparently vampiric cats hated werewolves too. She briefly wondered how one went about making an animal into a vampiric creature, but she was soon distracted by what Max had proposed.

"I....I need to go to my brother. I need to tell him I'm....no longer a Darkfang," she whispered. The vampiress looked up at the red headed beauty.

"Do you know of the wolf, Daciana?" she asked in her silky, sing-song voice. Bridgette's face contorted in anguish. Yes, of course she knew of her. She remembered shouting things at her she didn't care to repeat. Moira's face softened as she looked at the torn wolf.

"Do not be afraid to go to her, Miss. Marcell. She is...very different. I am almost certain she will not hesitate to help you, and your friends, no matter their race," she whispered. Bridgette nodded, and felt herself blush in shame. Only now did she realize that she had treated everyone who might be able to help her like dog shit...just because she felt like it. And she had called Max a dog....

"I will go to her, Moira. Thank you. But first, my brother...I will not leave his pack without giving him a reason. I..." she stopped. She had been about to say she couldn't do that to her only surviving family, but she bit her tongue. Just then, her stomach rumbled loudly, and she blushed.

"I am hungry..." she admitted sheepishly. A smile flitted across her face, and she finally looked up at Max.

"Put your wallet away, and come with me. Come and howl and stalk and chase and dig our fangs into prey, as we were born to do, as the Mother gifted and cursed us to do," she said. Her voice had taken on a new tone entirely. It was full and strong and sure. Her smile widened, and she held out her hand.

~~~

Moira turned her attention back to the new vampire, and put a cold, soft hand on her arm.

"It's all right, darling. Look at him. He's not hurt. It would take more than just a sip to bring down a wolf of his stature, and he gave you willingly, and in great need. There is no shame in that," she whispered. She kept her voice quiet, perhaps afraid of frightening Jay with the beautiful musical tone it took. She began to stroke Jay's hair again, like a mother comforting her daughter during a thunderstorm.

"It will be overwhelming for a few days, but that will change with time. You'll get used to it, and, oh, it's wonderful. We see things and hear things and feel things that mortals only dream about," she said. But her face became firm, though not angry.

"But we must always be careful. To pray on those who are weak and innocent is a horrid thing, Jay. The reprocutions of it are terrible and will follow you all your immortal days until it is an unbearable curse," she said somberly. Now, her green eyes clouded, and Jay knew she spoke with experience. Moira had no mentor when she was changed, and she had done things she would do anything to take back.

"I know you're hungry, darling, but that's going to have to wait until the sun goes down. It will be a few hours, but you're strong enough to last until then. Why don't you try sitting up? Now, take your time, dear. Go about it slowly. I think you'll find you're much faster and stronger than you're used to," she said with a light, pleasant giggle. She stepped back to give Jay some more room, and a warm smile was on her perfect pale lips. Her light green eyes were practically dancing.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 1:56 am

Max listened to her quietly. Feeling the pressure of her rejecting him. Besides she seemed so unsure it seemed odd. As if he was no longer talking to Bridgette at all. He looked down at his feet as she spoke. Not able to stand her unsureness.

Her last words made his heart skip a beat. He flung the wallet behind him and grabbed on to her hand, "Thank god. Jay's been making me eat like a normal guy for a few weeks now." He had a goofy grin on his face as he took her hand. Though he tugged her out.

"I'll have to pay to fix the window you know," He really needed the run though. A shadow of sadness crossed his face and his grip tightened on her hand briefly. Then he turned to tug her down the hall and in to the light.

He watched her. Taken by the golden sheen her hair gave off in the light, "I apologize for kissing you by the way." he was apologizing but realised that he wasn't sorry about it. He had wanted to kiss her and that is exactly what he had done.

"They should have killed me," Jay whispered quietly to her self. This magical woman wasn't going to change the fact that she had ruined two werewolves lives now. She stood up and had to blink away the dizzieness. She had sat up a lot faster then usual.

At first it distracted her except when both Bridgette and Max had left, "He loves her. He should have just killed me and go with her to her pack. I know that's what's best for them. You should tell them that I'm too blood thirsty. Please? I don't want to drag Bridgette down too." The tears fell swiftly and she watched them glitter in her hands. The beauty of her very own sadness.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 4:04 am

Bridgette heard a laugh. It was light and musical and warming. A few moments passed before she realized it was her that had made the sound. Max had made her laugh. He made her smile. He made her...happy. That was certainly a new feeling. She barely heard him mention the window. He wouldn't have to pay for it, not if he didn't want to anyway. He and Jay couldn't stay here. It wasn't safe. But with the wind rushing through both their hair and the clear air filling their lungs, she didn't feel like reminding him at the moment. Now was for the hunt.

The two werewolves reached the outskirts of Seattle quickly, and soon, only forest and wilderness lay before them. Bridgette began to unzip the sweatshirt, and for the first time, paused. She suddenly felt her face grow hot, and looked away from Max.

What am I thinking? It's not like I haven't been naked in front of him before! I mean, we're wolves. It's just the way things are. I'm acting like a complete idiotic little girl! I've never acted so self-concious, but then.....I've never felt the way I do either.....

Trying to keep her composure, she turned her back to him and stripped down quickly. For a moment, she simply stood there, and glanced over her shoulder. What was he thinking? But she felt her face grow hot again, and she shifted quickly. Soon, a red wolf stood where she once had.

With a wolf's grin, she lifted her head and let out a howl that echoed through the woods for miles. It was a mournful, beautiful sound, but it was not without message. For other wolves, it told them that a hunt was forming and they had better stay out of the way. For other animals, it was a warning. Hunters were in the area. With a laughing bark, Bridgette sprinted away, almost as if she were challenging Max to keep up.

~~~

Moira's face grew hard and her green eyes darkened.

"No, Jay. I will not hear you speak that way again. Do you understand? You are not a monster. You are Jay, and you are loved. Sacrifices for you were made willingly and for love, and that is the most beautiful kind of sacrifice there is. The best you can do to repay them is to learn to control and appreciate the new life that has been...given to you," she said. She had paused at the word 'given.' She knew well, Jay had been given no choice in the matter. Her face softened again, and the sadness darkened her eyes even further.

"I was not given the choice either, dear one, and my family payed with their lives. Your family, Max and, I believe now, Bridgette, are alive and well. Rejoice in that, and live," she said. A gentle laugh escaped her pale lips.

"In fact, I think you may have more family than you now know. But that's another matter. Try standing up. We'll need to have you at least walking tonight," she said. She backed up to give Jay room, and Bastet peeked out from under the dresser as if she were curious to watch the vampire's first steps.

"Remember to take it very, very slowly, darling," she cautioned again. She held out her hands, ready to catch Jay if need be.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 3:10 am

Her laugh was beautiful and it made him smile. She was beautiful. With out her snide comments on him being more dog then werewolf. With out her anger and her sadness. This moment seemed to blow that all away. Had she really been that mean at all?

When they reached the forest she reached for the zipper on her sweat shirt and blushed. It startled him but he smiled warmly even as she turned around. He undressed quickly as he was only wearing jeans. When she glanced over her shoulder she met him full on. His arms were crossed over his well muscled chest.

She shifted quickly and he shifted with her. Her howl echoed in the soft down of his ears and he followed her as best he could. She was so much faster and graceful then him. He felt oddly small in comparison. Though she was a sight to see. Funny how he found her attractive in both forms. Much as many wolves had seen probably.

Though he liked her eyes best: probably uncommon for most werewolves. He sighed at the thought of it. Did she like it? The attention that they wafted over her more probably to get her in to bed then to marry her or love her.

Would he love her? He wasn't sure but gazing at her running form it seemed possible. He picked up a scent of a deer that was not far off. Personaly glad for the distraction he started to follow it intently. Though still staid aware of Bridgette.

Jay was surprised by the swift change of the vampire. She was unlike any vampire she had ever known. Especialy the one that had changed her. She nodded slowly to show that she had understood her.

Jay stood up a bit fast and Max's blood seemed to swirl in her stomach. She nearly threw up all over the floor but was able to hold it back, "What do you mean I have more family then I know?" As she was a vampire she walked quickly over even as another rush of nausia came over her. She stopped in front of her and looked up at the beautiful vampire.

"Who are you any way? Why do you know my name when I don't even know yours? Why are you helping me? Your a vampire aren't you? Shouldn't you hate Max and Bridgette? Both of them have killed thoughs of your kin!" She seemed worked up and she trembled. Her hands were balled in to fists and the knuckles white with tension.

She knew she was still Jay but with being a vampire everything was more intense. Things seemed to be much more sinister but somehow less harmful. It confused her and this vampire confused her.

Last edited by HFCP on Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 4:39 am

The smell of the deer had washed over Bridgette's sensitive nose as well, but a mischievous gleam came into her ocean deep eyes. There was something else. Another predator. It was a mountain lion, a large one by the scent of it. They were not the only ones stalking the deer.

With a bark, Bridgette called Max over to her right. She missed a step and almost tripped when she realized she had just given him an order during a hunt. Could she do that? She wasn't his superior, not anymore. If she ever had been his superior...

This left her mind as the scent of the mountain lion grew closer. She forgot her hesitations and howled again, so loudly that the birds in the trees surrounding them fled in fear. The mountain lion yowled in fury at the loss of its prey and climbed into a pine tree. Bridgette, who had not followed the deer, now stood directly below the mountain lion. It hissed and spat at her, but she wagged her tail in glee. It swiped at her a couple times with its paw, but she darted in and out of harm's way, laughing.

Apparently, Bridgette preferred the more dangerous hunts....

With a screaming shriek, the mountain lion pounced...and missed, of course. Now, the game really began. Bridgette would dart in and out, nipping at the lion's tail an then its ear, and then its back leg. The cat screamed and batted at her again and again, but every time, she was just an inch out of range. Once, the lion managed to just brush the fur of her tail, but that was as far as it got.

Now, Max understood what she was doing. The cat was becoming tired and exasperated. It was focused on her. Not him. Bridgette was no fool. She knew it would take the majority of her strength to bring a lion down. She was fast, not brutishly strong. Max on the other hand...

"What are you waiting for?" she barked, nipping at the cat's tail. It swerved and swiped again, but met only air. The red wolf was dancing about her in a wild game that she knew she couldn't lose. She hadn't lost all of her pride, and it certainly showed.

~~~

ooc:// Jay?
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 5:36 pm

OOC:// -hits head on desk- I'm sorry I'll add to the post and then to this one.

EDIT:

Max followed her order though he gave her a look as if to ask what the heck she had in mind. That was when she let out a howl and the Mountain Lion came in to view. He sat back and watched her a smirk on his face. Wondering why they hadn't just gone after the deer.

Though the lion was tireing. He got to his paws and mauled the thing most literaly. Knocking them both in to a tumble. The claws were sharp but Max already had a grip on it's throat. It growled and hissed at him as he shook his head roughly from side to side. He lost his grip but blood stained his golden fur.

The lion got a bite in on his shoulder and he let out a growl of defiance. Ripping through to grab at the lions neck. Actualy breaking it's neck as he shook it a few more times.

The mountain lions jaw fell slack as it died but Max couldn't move. The claws were still deep in his pelt. With a sigh he ripped through the claws and emerged in a gloriouse bloody mess. The pleasure was clear on his face.

"Your dinner awaits you," He stated with a sweep of his head at the dead mountain lion. Though he didn't wait for her instead he dug in to the lions soft underside. There was no alpha to wait for and they were on equal ground now.

Last edited by HFCP on Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 10:04 pm

OOC:// SHOOT! Don't do that! I thought you had posted and I got all excited! CURSE YOU!!!
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 10:13 pm

OOC:// But I did in a way! I added Jay to the end of my last post.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 6:32 am

Moira watched Jay move and speak calmly. Even when Jay's emotions climaxed, Moira remained completely at ease. Bastet even mewed curiously, and came out from under the dresser. The black cat with glowing golden eyes leaped on top of its former hiding place, and commenced to washing it's already coal black fur.

"I am Moira Aithne Orflaith. I was born, both as a human, and a vampire in Ireland many years ago. You will notice later, when you come in contact with another of our kind, that my smell will most likely be the stronger because I am older," she explained a bit about herself. She gazed at Jay with thoughtful, dancing green eyes for a moment, though they revealed nothing of her inward thoughts.

"I know your name, Jay, because Miss. Marcell told it to me while you were still barely conscious. I help you, Jay, because when I was turned, I had no one to help me and I committed horrible crimes against the innocents that have caused me a pain that I would not willingly let another bear. I do not hate Max or Bridgette, Jay, because I believe the war between our races to be a great evil and neither of them have ever caused harm to me or those I cherish," she continued with her explanation very slowly. It was not a patronizing tone, but more a gentle and patient tone. She smiled warmly, and Bastet, leaping into her arms, began to purr loudly.

"I am sorry if I confuse you, dear one. I sometimes confuse myself. Perhaps when you and I have more time, I will tell you my story, though I have never told another mortal nor immortal in all my long years," she said very softly. Bastet, apparently able to understand her vampire master, looked up at her curiously, but returned to her satisfying post of gazing at Jay.

"How do you define family, Jay? By blood? By love? By loyalty? I suppose by my definition, you have quite a good family, and their numbers are, if I am not mistaken, about to grow," she said. Her green eyes danced with some hidden joy or excitement, though Jay couldn't be sure. She was the ever illusive, beautiful mystery, but she was kind. Bastet mewed suddenly, very loudly, and Moira laughed her musical, soothing laugh.

"Bastet agrees with me whole-heartedly. You are certainly a member of our little family, dearest sister," she said sweetly.

~~~

Bridgette stared in shock for a few moments, but was apparently woken out of her trance when Max dug into the meat.

"You imbecilic moron!" she roared fiercely. Rushing at him, she knocked him back from the carcass, though she made sure to only make impact with his good shoulder. Her fur was bristled, and her eyes were a tumultous sea of fury.

"What were you thinking? What's wrong with you? That's not how you take down another predator! You can't just treat it like a helpless piece of meat! You jump on it's back and break it's neck so you don't end up scratched and clawed and bitten and bloodied up! Look at you! You're such a complete mess! No wonder you don't have a pack, if this is how you hunt!" she snarled in fury. Her lips were curled back in a snarl, and she was shaking.

But there was something in her eyes...

She kept glancing at his wounds. Max finally recognized it. It was concern, worry. She felt his pain, like a pack sister was born to do, but there was something more. He saw regret. He knew if she had known he would have been hurt, she never would have gone after the lion. She would have forgotten her own desire, and gone after the deer.

She was pacing, and shook her head.

"Whatever, hurry up and eat so you can heal properly, you careless pup," she snapped. She flattened her ears and went to lie down a little ways away from the carcass. It was a submissive act. She was allowing him to eat first, though probably mostly out of genuine concern than anything else. She stared at her paws, brow furrowed.

Why had she been so stupid? The deer would have been easier. If she hadn't wanted to be such a show-off, Max wouldn't be torn up. Of course she knew, that as soon as the fresh flesh was in his belly, the wounds would heal without problem in a matter of minutes.

"I've caused enough wounds already," she muttered bitterly in a whisper to herself. She couldn't bear to look at his beautiful golden coat sullied with his own blood. She hated herself. She hated who she had become.

If a wolf could cry, she would have been crying now.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 1:21 am

Jay gazed at her levely. A sister? She had never had one. Well, she didn't even remember her family at all. Max was her family because he loved her and even though he sometimes felt like a chore he took care of her as well.

She walked up carefully and petted the cat. Having a feeling that it wouldn't be polite to ask her if she could. The cat seemed conciouse enough to make decisions if he wanted to be touched or not by him self.

"I'm not sure what to say. Thank you I guess. I'm still not totaly sure what you mean still. What else do you want me to do?" She demonstrated that she could walk just fine now and the dizzieness had ebbed.

Though a burning at the back of her throat began. She was thirsty. Thirsty for blood she knew and it made her shudder. Perhaps she wasn't a monster but thirsting for blood was still an odd feeling.

Max was surprised as he rammed in to her and immediatly started yelling at him for attack the mountain lion so recklessly. He was silent as she raged but somehow he knew she wasn't really mad. Her gaze fell to his wounds a number of times in regret.

When she sat away he turned and ate obediently. His wounds healing quickly enough. When he was full he padded close to her, "I'm sorry, Bridgette. I've never actualy hunted Mountain lion before. I know I was probably reckless though. Your just such an amazing sight as a werewolf that I must admit that I feel very inadiquit in comparison."

Bowing his head in a sort of submission he backed off, "I'll go wash this off while you eat."

With that he padded off before she could protest in the direction of water. Probably why the deer had risked a lone trek through the area. Though it was safe now. He slid in to the water. Instantly it soaked even his under fur. The stream clouded with the mix of mountain lion blood and his own blood. He waited and continued to duck his head under the chilly water until the blood had all washed away. With that he clawed his way back to the shore.

With a sigh he shook his body and water droplets flew everywhere, "Stupid poem running through my head. Gah I'm such a hopeless romantic. It has to be Bridgette?" He lowered his ears in distress, "Yes, it does."

He let out a huff and started to pace the bank. Believing him self out of ear shot he repeated the poem that was running through his head,
"What is she to me?
A heart that beats
A hand to hold
Oh what can it be?

Her fierce caring
Saucy and mean or
Hurting and meaning well
What is forming?

Do I care?
Should I care?

My heart is beating
She gave up so much
For Jay and me
So what am I fearing?

The sadness in her heart
That touches thoughs eyes
It makes me ach
She must have taken a part

Do I care?
Should I care?"
He let out a pained sigh and sat back on his rump. Looking down at his large golden paws. Did he care?

((Yes I did write that poem Razz. Oh and she can hear it.))
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 9:36 pm

Moira smiled, and Bastet purred very loudly as Jay petted her. When she drew away, the cat, with almost a smile, leapt from Moira's arms to Jay's shoulder and wrapped herself around Jay's neck. The cat obviously had more balance than a mortal cat. The vampiress' smile widened and she clapped her hands together.

"Well, we've got to get you to that cave Miss. Marcell spoke of. She told me where it was but...".

Here she paused and a shroud of shadow seemed to pace over her normally bright face.

"Do you think you can control yourself until we can get out of the city limits? We'll have to pass through crowds of people, even if we keep to the alleys...the smell of their blood will be overwhelming, my dear, but you cannot give in to it. You mustn't. Perhaps....perhaps we should wait until Miss Marcel and your dear friend get back? They could bring you some prey and you wouldn't be as thirsty," she said. She stopped speaking, seemingly lost in her own thoughts, weighing the pros and cons of the situation. Bastet mewed, apparently in comfort, and licked the edge of Jay's ear affectionately. It felt like warm, wet sandpaper, and tickled.

~~~

Bridgette didn't have much of an appetite when Max left, but she tried to force down a few mouthfuls of flesh anyway. He had left her a few juicy morsels, and she appreciated the gesture. Hoping his wounds were already healed, she followed his scent and although she was only trotting, she was soon in earshot.

Is he...reciting a poem?

She listened with ears perked up so much it was almost comical. She was frozen in place when he finished.

Should he care? For her? After all she'd done? After what she still planned to do?

"No, you shouldn't care," she snapped. The bitter anger in her voice had returned and it broke the silence like the crack of a whip. She bristled her fur, and lay her ears flat against her head, cantering quickly back to the carcass. When he followed her, she didn't give him time to respond.

"You should go back to Jay and Moira. She knows where the cave is, and I've...I've got to call my brother. It's time he knew what was going on...." she paused. She hated herself for what she was suggesting. She didn't want him to leave. Ever. She wanted to be near him, for as long as she drew breath...but with what Kristof had said, that may not be much longer. He'd suffered enough. She couldn't let him love her. She had to be her old self again. For his sake.

"Go, my brother would probably tear you to pieces anyway," she snarled. She was lying. Her brother wouldn't harm him, and she knew it. She was unable to look at him, much less meet his gaze.

ooc:// Please, please, don't let him leave! I want him here when Aslin and Cathal show up. It'll be so much more interesting that way. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:49 pm

Jay sat down on the bed so that the cat could sit in her lap. When Bastet was in her lap she stroked his fur softly and watched the vampire for a moment. She thought about if for a while.

"Well, I think I will be able to. I know that my change in to a vampire was well sudden but I knew about vampires before hand," She pointed out, "Don't you think that would help in making me stable? Plus you said that you were very old. Wouldn't you be able to stop me if I lost control any way?"

She thought about leaving as well. Would Max be there waiting. Probably not. Knowing him he was off with Bridgette still eating animals. She shuddered even though she now drank the blood of humans it was still a creepy thought. After all Max was so nice how could he possibly tear in to an animal carcass?

Max was startled but followed after her. Refusing to leave he padded up close beside her but wasn't looking at her. He flinched as she yelled some more at him and laid his ears back in confusion. He lowered his head in a submissive way but didn't back away.

"Bridgette," His voice was soft even though he didn't know exactly what he was about to say, "As I said there is a reason for you to be mean."

This would have been so much better if she could see his face. So that's what he did. Getting to his paws and changing in to a man. He took her russet head between his hands so that she couldn't look away, "Let me help you Bridgette. Besides," His smile was so sudden that it lit up his face in a startling display, "By telling me to not worry you are telling me that I shouldn't worry if you took a part of my heart. What can ache and have a piece taken out of it?"

He pressed his face in to her fur and changed at the same time, "I'm not leaving." With that he shook his golden fur out and padded a few paw steps away. If she ran he was going to follow her. She may have run faster then him but he could run for longer. Especially sense he had eaten more.

"Call them. I don't care if they tear me to pieces chew on me and spit me back out. I'm staying and you aren't going to convince me otherwise," He wasn't looking at her any longer. Instead his gaze was outward. Scanning the trees instead of looking at her.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 am

Moira nodded, and put a few, long fingers to her bottom lip in thought. She nodded again, and sat down next to her.

"Yes, knowing about the thirst helps quite a bit, more than you may know. I...could stop you, dear, but it would most likely be...well, it would be obvious to others we were immortals, and that we cannot have, you understand," she said. She sighed, and Bastet mewed, apparently voicing her own opinion. Moira smiled.

"Bastet thinks you will be fine, and she also says we aren't solving anything by staying here," she said. Moira got to her feet and rummaged through Max's clothes. She threw a black sweatshirt at Jay that was much too large for the girl.

"I know it stinks, dear, but you must put that on, and make sure the hood covers your head. Not only will it hide your smell from wolves, but it will cover the smell of all the humans a bit as well," she said very logically. She put her own, long flowing black cape on, and hide her own face. Bastet mewed happily, and flicking his tail, he ran out the door. Moira offered her hand to Jay with a warm smile on her face.

"Are you ready, dear sister?" she asked sweetly.

OOC:// HFCP, I am making a new thread, since Arm will need to be included.

"A Painful Split" will be you, Arm, and me.

As for this thread, just describe their journey until they get out of the city, unless you want something to happen. Wink
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 4:19 pm

Jay tugged the hood low over her face and wrinkled her nose at Max's smell. Even though he barely ever wore this sweatshirt his smell coated it. How did Max go from smelling awesome to smelling like a wet dog that rolled in garbage?

She grabbed on to the vampires hand and was surprised that she did not feel as feverish was Max had. Actualy her hand was quiet comfortable. Probably about the same temperature as her own.

"Yes," She answered quietly and was led quickly out of the building. Faster then she had ever walked before. They made it past the woman that had been sitting there before who was now making frantic calls. No doubt about the window and the man with the crazy dog and little girl.

She didn't even look up as they passed her by. Too fast for the human eye. When they got out side the smell of blood assalted her but she staid in control using distractions. Looking at the colors that seemed so fresh and new.

It was as if she had lived behind a pair of too dark sunglasses all her life and had just now taken them off. It was beautiful and terrifieing at the same time. Soon enough they were out of the city and in to the forest. They sped up. Faster then she had gone before. The trees zoomed by in a dazzle of color.

That was when the cave seemed to follow them both whole.

OOC:// Nah I good ^^
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 11:20 pm

Moira was tense as they walked through Seattle, but as soon as they reached the wilderness, she lightened up. She ran with Jay through the trees, a joyous expression on her face. Bastet, although very small, kept up with the two vampiresses just fine, and wasn't even out of breath when they reached the cave.

Moira held out her hand in caution, and sniffed the air. Bridgette had been here, but no other wolf. She smiled. It was safe. She nodded to Jay and the two walked in their new temporary home. A frown tugged on the corner of Moira's pale lips.

"Oh dear, this really won't do. What a mess this is. I'll have to fix this up. Yes, yes. I think if I brought my rug and put it there, and then hung that tapestry over there, and we'll need a fire, of course, not for warmth but to cheer things up a bit. Oh, and I have that lovely painting..." she prattled on and on to herself as her eyes flitted around their surroundings faster than Jay was used to seeing. Bastet mewed, and rubbed against her leg.

"Oh! How awful of me! Jay, darling, you must be positively starving! Oh, I'm so sorry. You know, I'd rather wait until Miss Marcell and your dear Max got back to go hunting, but...I haven't smelled any other wolves nearby, so I think you and I will be quite fine on our own. Are you ready for your first hunt? It is deliciously thrilling," she quickly rushed out happily. Bastet mewed again and began pacing back and forth. She was obviously ready to hunt too.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 11:22 pm

Jay couldn't help but picture what she was saying. She loved things like that. Little things to make each place special. Even if it was just a cave it would be nice. She let out a short giggle but Moira didn't seem to notice.

Instead she changed to hunting. Jay figured they wouldn't be hunting human. Even as he stomach growled for it, "Yes actually I am. Bastet seems to agree with you as well."

She liked the cat. Though she had been a bit of a dog person it seemed that the cat was comforting. It must have been a vampire. It had kept up with them and was more intelligent then any other she had seen before. If it hissed at Max again they might have a problem though. Imagining Max chasing a cat probably wasn't the best thing to think at that moment.

"So what are we going to hunt? Deer?" Deer sounded docile and she was surprised that she wanted the thrill of the chase. A satisfying kill that left her head and body full. She smiled at Moira wondering if she thought the same thing when she went hunting.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 10:57 pm

Moira laughed, and the musical sound echoed pleasantly throughout their new home.

"I think we ought to start out with those who aren't used to fighting back. I'd rather not risk you getting hurt, but be patient, dear," she said. She threw off her cape, and the sparkling emerald dress shone brightly, just like her eyes.

Moira began to walk out of the cave, but she stopped, putting a few long delicate fingers to her pale lips in thought.

"You know...I do wonder what your power will be...though mine didn't reveal itself for a few decades..." she whispered. She was obviously talking out loud to herself, and lost in her own thoughts. She seemed to be prone to that. Bastet mewed irritably, and she came to.

"Dear, I'm sorry. We ought to get going. Now, be very quiet this time when we start moving, and we'll need to go slower. Always pay attention to the wind. The animals know our scent, and they know to run, even if they can't outrun us," she said. Moira flew out the opening, and began to move through the trees. She was moving differently this time. In fact, she looked extremely similar to Bastet. There was something feline and predator about the vampiress' movements. Jay would have to do her best to imitate her mentor.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 11:50 pm

Jay did as best as she could to imitate her mentor but instead took on a bit different of a stalking position. Adapting it to her own smaller body and the human blood that still ran through her gave her strength.

"What do you mean power?" She watched where she was going not more then her mentor though, "What kind of powers have there been in the past?" Curiosity made her glance up at Moira perhaps to judge her reaction.

Though in her mind she was testing things. Stretching them prodding in to corners of her own mind and wondering all the while what could be lurking in her own mind. Was there things like mind reading? Or control of will power. Though that sounded a bit dark it would be interesting to use on Max. Though he had a pretty strong will power.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 1:15 am

Suddenly, Moira held up her hand, and she and Bastet came silently to a halt. A few moments had passed before the smell of an elk herd wafted to Jay's nose. Moira turned back to smile at her.

"Well, my power isn't really...impressive, or at least I don't think so. I can make myself nearly invisible in any room as long as there are shadows. I've heard of mind-readers, seers, and even those who could control others. There's no telling when or how your power may manifest itself. It could be a few days; it could be a few centuries. It could start out small, or...well, we'll deal with that later. For now..." she paused. Her green eyes brightened so much they glowed in the darkness. Bastet licked her lips, and her fur was standing on end in excitement.

"Dinner is served," she whispered. Without another word, she had leapt into the air. She jumped so high it appeared as if she were flying. Her black robes flew out behind her, as though she were a great black bird of prey. Gliding over the herd, the elks shrieked and scattered. Moira payed special attention to the bull. She didn't want Jay getting hurt. Bastet took off after a young elk, and leaping on its back, sank her little fangs into its throat. The little elk shrieked, and ran a few more yards before collapsing. Bastet yowled in pleasure, and with the way she was drinking, it appeared as if she wasn't about to share. Jay would have to bring down her own elk.

The bull elk, who was focused on Moira, kept charging, but she danced and flitted out of the way with ease. He didn't notice that his herd had been scattered and had no defense against the other vampiress.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 4:41 am

At first Jay just watched her. Gracefully she effectively distracted the bull elk. Her cat attacked one of the smaller ones. Taking her cue Jay ran in to the field instead of leaping. She elk seemed confused as to what to do even though a lot of them had scattered.

Much less gracefully Jay attacked on of the females. Though her fingers dug in to the elk's fur before she was able to get her self high enough to dig her new fangs in to it's neck.

With a strangled cry of panic it hit the ground hard. The blood filled her mouth and then spilled in to her throat. Her senses were taken by the aroma but it just didn't seem to be what she really needed. Though she knew what that was so instead she drank her fill of the beast.

Sliding off of the fur she wiped her face clean, "So Max is back and Bridgette isn't with him." She looked utterly confused as to why she said it. Werewolf was near but not at all near enough to be smelt or heard. Though she knew it. Felt a werewolf's presence and specifically Max's.

"I'm not sure how I know that, Moira," Maybe it was just some vampire power. You know where werewolves are and if you know there name who they are. Seemed a good vampire like power. After all most werewolves were the vampires enemies.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 1:37 am

As soon as Moira heard the female elk's cry, the vampiress swirled around to the bull elk, and brought the great beast down with one hand. Her other hand holding the sharp antlers away from her body, Moira sunk her own fangs into the bull's neck. It didn't take long for him to stop struggling. The life was gone from him.

"So Max is back and Bridgette isn't with him...I'm not sure how I know that, Moira."

Moira straightened herself. Not a single drop of blood stained her clothes of face. She frowned, and Bastet trotted over to rub against Jay's legs, purring.

"Hm...I can't say I'm surprised. That Max, he doesn't always...think clearly, does he?" she said. It wasn't a question, though there was no unkindness in her voice.

"I expect Miss. Marcell, after breaking with her brother's pack, has gone to the Bloodfangs. Do you realize, Jay, that she's risking her very life for you? The Alpha of the Bloodfangs has the right to kill her without question. It is their law. Any stray who willing approaches an Alpha can be killed on sight," she said. Her tone was serious, but not scolding. She sniffed the air.

"Yes, Max is heading for the cave. We should go and meet him," she said, quietly. Bastet yowled, and Moira laughed.

"I'm sorry, dear. You're going to have to get used to them," she laughed. The cat's ears flattened and it jumped up onto Jay's shoulder again to sit and pout.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 5:46 pm

Jay just nodded slowly and stroked the cat under the chin, "Max wouldn't hurt you and I trust Max to know that Bridgette wouldn't hurt you either."

She turned in the direction of the cave, "Max, he thinks about others more then him self. I guess if that's thinking irrationally then yes Max often doesn't think clearly." Though she was worried. Not a lot could make him leave Bridgette to go meet another pack. He knew the dangers probably more then most. Being a loner had made him knowledgeable about things that he probably shouldn't know.

Her eyes turned to the cat on her shoulder and she stroked his head softly.

Picking his way up the river Max made his way. His golden fur shinning but his gaze was cast down. Watching his paws but some how still lost in thought. Was he going to be able to distance him self? He hated that. If they were going to be in the same pack they had to have some friendship between them.

Then walking the knifes edge. He had to maintain friendship and at the same time be detached. How to do that he wasn't sure. Max just wasn't the type of guy to be able to do things like that. Pausing he sat down and tugged a sticky out from his paw pad.

Jay, he needed to get back to Jay. With that he got to his paw and started in to a steady run. He would never be as fast as Bridgette but he was fast enough. Picking his way through the growth that often crowded the sides of a river.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 4:52 am

Moira frowned again.

"Well, maybe you can talk some sense into him then. He shouldn't have spoken harshly to Bridgette, if he did. I don't care what her behavior was. She's risking her life, for the both of you," she said. Her voice had a firmness in it that Jay had not heard before. But her face lightened, and she smiled slightly.

"I'm going back to my place to get a few things for our temporary residence. If I'm not mistaken, and I am often not, I expect Bridgette and the Bloodfang pack will be paying you and Max a visit very shortly. The meeting will go better if I'm, not there. I've heard that the Beta of the pack isn't quite fond of our kind, and I, unlike you, am not under their protection," she said. Bastet mewed, and Moira nodded.

"Yes, go ahead and stay with Jay. I'll be back soon, Bastet," she laughed. The vampiress came up to Jay and put her soft, pale arms around her. She held the girl to her for a brief moment, before letting go, and putting her black cape over her shoulders and head.

"I'll be back soon, dear. Don't you worry," she said with a wink. The vampiress disappeared in the shadows without a sound, as if she had only been a dream.

ooc:// The plot is about to thicken, my dear. MWAHAHAHA!!!!
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 5:15 pm

Jay was surprised by her harshness but she was right. Though she couldn't imagine Max snapping at someone. He was more of the type to self destruct. Blaming him self to the extent that she had found him ran over on purpose because she had been mad at him about leaving his pack.

Of course that didn't help any but she took care of him and it had tied them together. Sort of there own little pack in a way. She nodded to Moira and smiled as she said that Bastet would be staying. She liked the cat plus it smelled a heck of a lot better then Max smelled now.

When Moira hugged her she hugged her back and in a way was said when she departed but she called after her, "Bye, Sister." She had never had a sister but Moira counted if Max counted.

Giving Bastet one more pat she headed back to the cave. Double time because Max was nearly there. When her feet landed silently in front of it Max emerged from the trees cautiously.

When he saw Jay though his wolf face lit up but he didn't attempt to change. She figured it was because he didn't have any extra clothing. He didn't come very close. Instead he nodded in respect to Bastet. It was Moira's cat after all and he was extremely thankful to her. Plus, Jay seemed to like the cat so he wasn't about to attack it.

Shifting his attention back to the forest he watched and waited.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dragon and HFCP
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next