Cruentus Luna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cruentus Luna

The area of Seattle has been inhabited for almost 4, 000 years. The earliest inhabitants were the Duwamish Tribe, and with them, came their legends of the man-wolf. Werewolves have inhabited this land long before the first Europeans came.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Painful Split

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

A Painful Split Empty
PostSubject: A Painful Split   A Painful Split EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 5:32 am

Bridgette didn't know what to say. She resisted the urge to snap his hand off his arm when he held her face. But the anger was only a facade. She couldn't put him in danger. Enough wolves had died for her. The only thing she could think of was to bristle her fur, and continue pretending to be bitter and angry.

"Yes...I do have reason," she whispered as he took his place a bit behind her. She had been mostly speaking to herself, but she knew he had heard. She glanced over her shoulder, and glared at him.

"You're a fool,".

That was all she said before she lifted her graceful head and let out such a powerful howl that it shook the branches of the trees around them. The call was full of pain and bitterness and fury. Aslin would recognize it as her's. He would know she was calling him.

But it was not Aslin's scent that first washed over her nose. Her ears lay flat, and a wave of fear nearly paralyzed her.

"Not him[i]...Mother no, anyone but him. Max, quick, get out of-"

"Bridgette!" came a howl, and the red rusty wolf jumped to her feet. An enormous, muscular male wolf, his pelt dark gray with flecks of black, was trotting happily towards them. His steel flint eyes glanced at Max briefly, but his attention was soon utterly fixed upon Bridgette. Without hesitation, he rubbed his head against hers, and licked her nose in affection. Bridgette didn't resist, though she didn't pull away either. The wolf's tail was wagging back and forth slowly, and his eyes were bright as they gazed at the red she-wolf before him.

"You smell like lion. Why didn't you call me? How many times did you tease it this time, eh? I bet the thing didn't even get a scratch on you, did he?" he laughed in a happy bark. Bridgette was rigid, but tried to smile.

"Only fur," she replied through gritted fangs. The male's smile faded, and his eyes traveled back to Max. He frowned.

"Is there something wrong?" he asked. He was staring at Max again, and his lip began to curl back in a snarl.

"Who's this anyway, Bridge?" he asked. Her ears and tail were down, and she stole a look at Max over her shoulder, but quickly looked back.

"He's nobody, just a stray. Do you know where my brother is?" she asked. She was obviously trying to divert attention from Max, but it apparently wasn't working. The big male placed himself between Max and Bridgette, and let slip an ominous growl.

"A nobody, hu? I'm Cathal Darkfang Dougles, Aslin's Beta," he snarled. Their was dominating authority in his voice, and he obviously didn't want Max anywhere near Bridgette. Max could barely see the red-rust coat behind him, she was so small in comparison to this massive brute.

"Cathal, he's...he's not going to do anyone harm," Bridgette said in small, fearful voice that Max had never heard her use, nor imagine could ever come from her lips. Cathal gave a barking laugh.

"No, he certainly won't," he agreed with another snarl.

[i] No...this is not what was supposed to happen. Ugh, Max isn't smart enough to keep his big trap shut; I just know it. Think, Bridgette; think!

Suddenly, the red she-wolf grabbed Cathal's ear and roughly drug him to the ground.

"Why are you always such an ass-hole?" she scolded with a laugh. His snarl faded into a laugh, and he grabbed at the scruff of Bridgette's neck. The two began to scuffle, biting and nipping each other affectionately. Cathal had forgotten all about Max, exactly as Bridgette had planned. If anyone else had been watching, it would have looked like two wolf mates having a love fight, but there was something dark in Bridgette's eyes that Cathal didn't see. She was sick inside, though she didn't let it show on her face or in her body language. She had Cathal fooled. A howl in the distance caught all their attention.

Bridgette quickly pushed Cathal off of her, and shook her fur clean.

"Straighten up; we can't act like pups in front of the Alpha," she snapped lightheartedly. Cathal laughed, licking her nose again, but sitting beside her in contentment.

"You started it," he reminded her with a wide grin. Now she was sure she was going to be sick. Her ears were flat, and her tail was tucked between her legs. She couldn't bear to look at Max. What would he say? What would he think? No, maybe it was better this way. If Max hated her, well then maybe...maybe he wouldn't mind when she drew her last breath, which was likely very soon.

ooc:// HFCP, you can post next, and I shall go and fetch our dear Arm. ;D
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

A Painful Split Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Painful Split   A Painful Split EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 4:54 pm

Max watched him silently. Instead of speaking he lowered his head respectfully. He couldn't be nothing to Bridgette he knew full well. When ever the Alpha got here he knew he would have to fight this wolf. How he hated fighting over something like a piece of meat between two starving dogs.

If worst came to worst he would protect her right to choose. His ears had heard the note of fear in her voice. She didn't want him to attack this one. Then he was surprised as they began to tussle on the ground. He felt sick as he watched.

When there was a return howl he broke his gaze from them to look off. When they stood by each other he felt oddly left out. Though wasn't sure why. He padded quietly forward and sat beside Bridgette. His fur nearly brushing against her russet fur.

He lowered his head and ears in a sign of respect to the beta, "If you are beta then you deserve to hear what Bridgette has to say." Though his loathing that he would have out stripped this wolf made him do what he did. He licked Bridgette's ear gently and his gaze was on her face, "I must thank her repeatedly for it."

He gave a doggy smile to him, "Just call me Max." With that out of the way he turned his attention away from them both. He would deal with the meat head later. For now he needed to show Bridgette that he wasn't about to leave. It was stupid to do so. Plus he had dealt with a packs anger he could deal with this ones or the alpha's for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Arm
Admin
Arm

A Painful Split Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Painful Split   A Painful Split EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 5:07 pm

“Yeah, no kidding. It is going to be,” Aslin's voice trailed off as he heard Bridgette's call. She needed him. “I need to go,” he said into the phone before hanging it up...

He looked at his sister, his beta and Max with his striking blue eyes as he came to a halt before them. His wolf form was magnificent. His eyes stood out against his pitch black fur. His large frame showed that he was strong.

“What do you need, Bridge,” he asked her, looking and sounding bored already. “Cathel, leave her alone.” He knew that his beta had feelings for his sister and it bothered him when he saw them together.

“Is it important?” It ought to be considering her howl had interrupted a important phone call and him eating. "Go on and get to telling me what is going on so I can go home."

~ooc:~ Sorry about shortness.
Back to top Go down
https://cruentusluna.rpg-board.net
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

A Painful Split Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Painful Split   A Painful Split EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 6:25 pm

Cathal was about to put Max in his place, which was no where near Bridgette, with force as necessary, but he jolted back in place as the Alpha of the Darkfang pack approached. He got a little lower to the ground at Aslin's scolding, but was soon so fascinated with Bridgette again, that he forgot he had been scolded in the first place.

Something was stuck in Bridgette's throat. She felt like she was going to choke, or suffocate, or vomit. Maybe all of the above. She stood and pressed her head into Aslin's strong, warm chest, and was silent for a few moments. She breathed in his comforting smell, the smell she had always associated with home and safety and trust. Tears formed in her eyes and began to wet his fur, so she pulled away. She was certain her brother would be shocked, what with her showing affection and even emotion. She stared down at his big back paws for a while, before lifting her head.

"I'm leaving the pack, brother," she said quietly.

Cathal almost fell over.

"You're...you're what? What did you say?" he barked in surprise. He leapt to his paws and ran up to stand perpendicular with Aslin and Bridgette, though he was not fool enough to stand between them. His steel eyes were wide and searched for hers, but she was staring at her brother's paws again in silence.

"Leaving? What do you mean 'leaving'? Are you...going on a trip or....is this a joke, Bridgette?" he continued pressing her. His voice was shaking, perhaps with fury or confusion, or both. Bridgette didn't answer him. She waited with her head down in submission for her brother's response. She couldn't bare to look at his face. She knew what this would do to him. They were all they had, Aslin and her. All they had left was each other, and now...she was leaving him.
Back to top Go down
Arm
Admin
Arm

A Painful Split Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Painful Split   A Painful Split EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 11:26 pm

Aslin nuzzled Bridgette in a attempt to stop her tears. It hurt him to see her upset. It was not like her to be. Most of the time she took her pain out in anger rather then sadness. Whatever was up had to truly be major.

His eyes closed as she informed him that she was leaving the pack in order to stop himself from crying. His sadness quickly turned to anger. How could she leave him? She was all he had. How could she be so selfish? Did she not think about him? Did she not care about his feeling?

“Shut it, Cathal,” he snapped, ready to bite his stupid ass if he could not keep his trap shut. He was not making matters any better. “Fine, leave. I do not really care if you do, Bridgette. It does not matter to me why you are either,” he said, voice cold.

“If I meant anything to you, you would have considered my feelings and spoken to me before making up your mind. You are not sister of mine any longer.” He turned around and slowly began to walk away.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

A Painful Split Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Painful Split   A Painful Split EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 3:27 am

Max was the one to stop him. He bounded forward and halted in front of the alpha, "Don't. I understand what you are feeling but you can't possibly do what my pack did to me. It is my fault Bridgette must leave your pack."

He took a breath but his ears flattened in distress, "She has disobeyed your code. My sister, Jay, was changed in to a vampire and instead of taking her life she let her live. I'm grateful for that," He took a stab in the dark that they were brother and sister. They were both young and seemed deeply attached, "I know Bridgette and you must have experianced something terrible of what I cannot imagin but you should know that she feels just as hurt by leaving."

Finaly he bowed his head in a sign of respect, "I cannot force you to change your mind."

With that he edged away back to Bridgette's side though it was a few feet away. He would deal with the meat head later but now was no time for prodding him in to a fight. Glancing at Bridgette once he looked at Aslin intently.

((Sorry it's small but I like it too ^^Wink)
Back to top Go down
Arm
Admin
Arm

A Painful Split Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Painful Split   A Painful Split EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 4:10 am

“She does not have to leave, she wants to,” Aslin said, not really listening to Max. He was too angry to pay any real attention to him. At the moment all that he could think of was how his own flesh and blood had betrayed him.

“I honestly do not care why she is leaving. I do not want to hear any reasoning at all. It will not make any difference to me.” Despite his words he did listen to Max this time. Aslin wanted to speak up and say that he would let Bridgette get away with it, but if he bent the code for her, he would be abusing his power as alpha.

He stayed silent for a moment, thinking over everything. Would he let it slide and stay in contact with his sister, or would he disown her. She was all he had left, but she was putting some bloodsucker before him.

A sigh left him and he turned to face Bridgette, “You are free to come and visit me, but you are going to need to find a new place to live. Since you seem to be such good friends with him and the leach maybe they will let you stay with them.”
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

A Painful Split Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Painful Split   A Painful Split EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 4:27 am

Cathal was so torn, it showed in his body language. First, he took a few steps towards Aslin. Could he say something, to make his Alpha change his mind? No. Aslin was right. The code couldn't be broken, not even for Bridgette. He then stepped towards Bridgette. He could change her mind. Yes, that's what he had to do.

"I'll be safe, brother. Max and I will go to Daciana and the Bloodfangs. I think...I think she'll let us join with her," she said softly. She wasn't sure if this would make her brother feel better or worse. For one, she would be safe. That would comfort him. On the other hand, she was joining up with a pack that he, and not so long ago she herself, thought to be a blatant disrespect to the code.

"The Bloodfangs?" Cathal echoed her like a dumb pup. He shook his large, powerful head, as if to clear his mind. He watched as Aslin walked away and turned to face Bridgette.

"Is it all true? You let a human, being turned into a monster, live?" he asked. His dark fur was beginning to bristle. Bridgette's ears lay flat on her head, and she wouldn't look him in the eye. She nodded, and said nothing more. Cathal roared in pure rage, and began to pace back and forth as if he were going mad. His steel eyes were lit with anger.

"Why the hell would you do something like that? It's not like you. You know better, you know better than any of us what those wretched creatures, can do, or have you forgotten?" he snarled. For the first time, Bridgette bared her fangs and a growl so ominous escaped her throat that even Cathal stopped his pacing to face her.

"Don't you dare patronize me, Cathal. I have not forgotten, and I will die to avenge what was taken from me," she growled. Her jaws snapped together so sharply that the cracking sound echoed around them like a gunshot. Cathal frowned.

"Bridgette, you cannot leave the Darkfangs. We are strong. We can avenge what was taken from you without costing you your life. But if you leave? If you leave us, what can we do? Can this mutt protect you?" he said. His last sentence came out with a snap, and he rounded to face Max.

"What's your story, stray? What do you have to offer her? The loneliness of being without her family? The bitterness of no home? Death? I'll kill you for your insolence. I don't know what happened between you and Bridgette, but she doesn't owe you anything," he roared. Bridgette leaped in between them, her eyes wide with horror.

"Cathal, don't! I'm leaving of my own will! Max has nothing to do with it!" she barked. Cathal let down his guard for a moment and stared into Bridgette's eyes.

"Can that really be true, Bridge? Can he mean nothing to you? He offers you nothing, while I offer you love, and safety and...and a family together, and yet...does it all mean nothing to you?" he asked. The enormous brute of a wolf was suddenly soft, almost frail looking, and Bridgette's eyes filled with tears.

"Cathal...you know...you know I hadn't chosen you, and that hasn't changed. I choose no one. I will die alone, Cathal. I was born to," she whispered. Cathal shut his eyes, as if he were trying to drown out her words, but suddenly he grabbed the scruff of her neck and threw her like she was nothing but a puppy out of the way.

"She'll not die for you, you damned flea-bitten dog!" he howled in rage. He flung himself towards Max, fangs bared.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

A Painful Split Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Painful Split   A Painful Split EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 11:15 pm

Max wasn't really part of this split so instead he watched Bridgette. She must like the meat head. Otherwise she probably wouldn't stand for his whining. Even so she barely tolerated it any way. Cathal tossed Bridgette aside and was on him fast.

Max rolled under the large wolf's paws and grabbed on in his mouth. Gently he tugged as he went under so that Cathal would fall hard. He wasn't about to hurt him though. He sighed, why did they insist that they call him a dog?

He definitely didn't stink and had never had a leash. Though having Jay around probably didn't help. It made him happy though so he didn't much care. He trotted close to Brigette to be sure that she was okay though didn't show it.

Instead he turned on Cathal, "You meat head. Did you ever think that you might have just killed her? You love her so much to toss her out of the way to get to me. Bridgette made her choice. Maybe you should think about her happiness."

He gave Bridgette a glance that held his wolfish smile. Telling her that he wouldn't hurt Cathal. He turned and lowered his head. Letting his fur bristle even as his eyes danced with play.

"Come on then meat head. I'll take you on," As if to rub it in his face he sneezed loudly. As he moved away from Bridgette so that Cathal wouldn't ram in to her or try to toss her father away.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

A Painful Split Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Painful Split   A Painful Split EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 3:09 am

"You're both idiots!"

Bridgette was screaming at them before she had even scrambled back to her paws. It was at least a good sign that she wasn't hurt. She glared at Max and a low growl escaped her throat. It was not intended for Cathal either. The big dark brute even got a chuckle out of Max's face.

"Do not taunt Cathal. He and I have saved each other tails more times than we can count," she snapped. Cathal drew himself up, if that were possible. He had only grabbed the scruff of her neck, and the two had rough-housed their entire lives. He would die before he hurt Bridgette. Both she and Cathal knew that.

"Come back with me, Bridge. Aslin will take you back; you know he will. In fact, he probably won't even lower your rank. Forget about this dog and his leech pet," he snarled. His dark fur was still bristling, but something in his voice had lost its hostility. Bridgette walked over to him, and pressed her head into his shoulder affectionately. It was such a tender, and private moment, it put Max in an awkward situation for a few moments.

"I can't, Cathal; I can't. I have to have something to hold on to, something to make me believe that they aren't all the monsters that destroyed our families...something to make me believe that maybe this war doesn't have to end with one race's extermination. Let me do this, Cathal. Please," she whispered. The gray and black wolf put his head over her protectively, and sighed. His fur was no longer bristled. Finally, he looked back up at Max.

"If you let someone hurt her, I'll kill you. I swear by our Mother, I'll kill you," he snarled. Bridgette rolled her eyes but smiled a bit at his protectiveness.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

A Painful Split Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Painful Split   A Painful Split EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 4:43 pm

Max watched them at first. Then he couldn't stand it. Damn her. Fine she wanted him to hate her. Thought him an idiot for liking her when quiet frankly he thought that as well. Then he would remove him self. Max disappeared when Cathal spoke. He nodded once in a very curt manor.

"You know it would have been better if you went nuts and all 'if I can't have then no one else can' and taken the brat off my hands," Max's voice was harsh and his eyes full of ice. No where was there any kindness, "If you're done using people maybe we should get back to Jay and the other leach as you so graciously call her. After all she was kind enough to help us and Jay."

He was pointing out how cruel she was being and he felt used. So she just needed some way to say that vampires weren't all bad and now his Jay was the guinea pig. Abusing people was not on his list of good traits. Least of all using Jay.

"You probably planned the vampire to change Jay right? Just to see if you could make her nice. Thanks Bridgette. Really thanks. You should just go with the meat head. He can actually like you with out his head being bitten off," He glared at her but she didn't miss the wave of pain that washed over him as he turned away.

Max didn't take abandonment well. Especially sense she wasn't. She was just shoving it in his face that he could never have anything and the meat head would have all the glory, "Bu-bye meat head I look forward to you being the one to rip off my head."

Getting to his paws he shook out his golden fur and glanced over his shoulder, "Let us leave oh master of all that are flea-bitten or leach like."

((Hehe Max is a bit mad lol))
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

A Painful Split Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Painful Split   A Painful Split EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 11:12 pm

Max's words hit Bridgette hard, and Cathal crouched, ready to take off his head sooner than he had planned. Bridgette stepped in front of him, her head low, and though she was trembling, she gave him a look that stopped him.

"Don't, Cathal. I expect I'll see you again soon, whenever Aslin plans on taking down the factory. Farewell, brother," she whispered quietly. Cathal muttered something about how the mutt would pay for abusing her, but she shushed him. He sighed, and rubbed his head against her's affectionately. With one last glare, the huge Beta had trotted off into the shadows.

Bridgette walked back towards Max without looking up. Her steps were slow, and she didn't look up to see if he was following. Soft footfalls beside her told her he was. They walked in silence for a while. Suddenly, Bridgette looked up at Max.

"You really believe that? That I wanted Jay to change?" she whispered. Her voice broke when she said Jay's name, and she had to look away. She looked frail, as if Max's words had physically hurt her. She shook her head, and a hardness that Max remembered all too well returned.

"Nevermind. It doesn't matter. I'm going to go to the Bloodfangs and ask their Alpha if we can join their pack in exchange for protection for Jay. Follow the river north. You'll find the cave easily enough. I'm sure you'll pick up their scent trail. I'll come back after I've spoken to the Bloodfangs," she said. There was no longer any emotion in her voice. She didn't look at Max. She just started running.

ooc:// You can have him follow her and meet with the Bloodfangs with her, or we can end the scene. It's ok either way.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

A Painful Split Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Painful Split   A Painful Split EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 12:04 am

Max snarled at her, "Maybe I do and maybe I don't. You don't much care, do you, Bridgette? This was what you wanted right? Me to just be cruel to you. No matter how much I hate it. You just want me to go around saying that I hate you."

He softened and was Max once more he stopped her and licked her ear gently, "I don't want to but I'll do what you want. I've pledge to you I have to do what I can to help you. I'll go to Jay sense you probably want that as well."

Getting to his paws he gave her a last look before he took off in the directions she had given him. She could probably consintrate better with out him there any way. Plus she was fast enough to dodge any trouble.

((He'll go unless Bridgette wants to ask him of course. ^^ Sorry it's a small post but really it's a kind of transfer thing any way.))
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

A Painful Split Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Painful Split   A Painful Split EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 12:16 am

ooc:// No, it's ok. Feel free to have Max show up with Moira and Jay.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

A Painful Split Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Painful Split   A Painful Split EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 12:28 am

OOC:// Okay. He'll probably just be in the cave when they come back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Painful Split Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Painful Split   A Painful Split Empty

Back to top Go down

A Painful Split
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruentus Luna :: Group Role-play-
Jump to: