Cruentus Luna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cruentus Luna

The area of Seattle has been inhabited for almost 4, 000 years. The earliest inhabitants were the Duwamish Tribe, and with them, came their legends of the man-wolf. Werewolves have inhabited this land long before the first Europeans came.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Taking Care of Business.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Arm
Admin
Arm

Taking Care of Business. Empty
PostSubject: Taking Care of Business.   Taking Care of Business. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 12:28 am

Reve's emerald colored eyes where fixated on a group of followers as they moved things out of Moria's apartment. Kristof wanted her and so he would grant him that. He wanted to know what Kristof knew of Daciana just as much as the werewolf herself wanted.
Back to top Go down
https://cruentusluna.rpg-board.net
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business.   Taking Care of Business. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 6:28 am

Their smell hit Moira's nose long before she turned the corner. She stayed in the shadows for a while, watching silently. They were moving her things into a large uhaul truck. She sniffed the air, and smelled a very old vampire. Very old. She gulped down the lump in her throat, and threw her hood over her shoulder. Head held high, golden angelic curls streaming behind her, she ascended the steps to her door without looking at the vampire movers, though she heard a few snickers. A vampire stood surveying them. She knew him. She knew him by his smell, by the way the others obeyed him.

"Reve Winslow," she stated. Her voice was strained, with fear. She looked around. Her apartment was almost completely empty now.

"And may I ask just what is going on?" she asked, her voice quivering. She knew she had no power here. She had never been a fighter, ever. And even if she had been, she could never take on a vampire as strong as Reve. She had no special abilities, except the ability to disappear and that wasn't likely to happen now. Suddenly, her mind jolted...

Algernon...

She had his library book in her pocket. If Reve would let her return it, Algernon could get out a message to the Bloodfangs, and to Jay.

Oh Jay...oh my sister, oh, I never wanted to leave you now, not now...

Her lip stopped quivering, and her hand slipped into her pocket.

"If we are taking an extended trip, I have an overdue library book. I don't suppose you'd mind if I ran down to the library just to drop it off. I'll be back before your men even finish moving my things, and it's not as if you couldn't catch me if I tried to run," she said. She prayed logic would win out over suspicion with him. She'd never dealt with him personally, but all she said was true. Now she would only pray.
Back to top Go down
Arm
Admin
Arm

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business.   Taking Care of Business. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 1:27 am

Reve turned around to face Moria, his lips twisting up into a smile, “Hello, darling. You sound afraid.” His voice was calm and welcoming, it held a friendly air about it. It did not match the fact he had people moving her things out of her apartment at all.

He walked up to the vampiress and caressed her face slowly, a smile still lining his lips. “Do not be afraid of me. I mean you no harm. I am simply doing what is best for all of us .” He stepped away from her then went back to watching his men move the things, “Today, people. Hurry it up.” He sighed then faced Moria again.

“Well, I could have someone return that book of yours, or I could go along with you to make sure that you do not try anything funny. I would hate to have to take the head of that librarian. Algernon , yes?” He was not going to let her try to run. She was going to be Kristof's and Daciana was going to learn what she needed.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business.   Taking Care of Business. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 4:03 am

Moira jolted away from his touch, as if his fingers had been the sun's infernal fire on her very face. The cold disdain in her brilliant, sparkling green was blatantly obvious. She bit her lip and did not respond to any of his comments except for the last. She apparently did not feel the need to respond to any of his previous statements, even if it was extremely disrespectful.

"Fine, then if you'll kindly follow me, I'd like to return the book to Algernon," she snapped. She turned on her heel and walked so quickly towards the door, a vampire carrying a large vase didn't have time to get out of the way. They collided. The vase shattered, and Moira cut herself on a piece of it. Throwing on of her hands, the other tucking the book safely back into her black robe, she hissed.

"That was a 2nd century Macedonian urn! Do you have any idea how priceless that was?" she shrieked. The vampire, who could tell by her smell that she was much older than she, shrank away, and she stomped out the door in her fury. Turning to Reve, she glared at him.

"You ought to find better help," she hissed.

ooc:// Moira just pulled a fast one on Reve. BWAHAHA.
Back to top Go down
Arm
Admin
Arm

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business.   Taking Care of Business. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:03 pm

Reve groaned as she ran into his man, “Do you not know how to use your eyes, darling? You are supposed to watch where you are going.” He followed her out of the door, not going to let her get away from him.

“Well, I am sorry about your vase, but if you had been using those pretty eyes of yours and paying attention it would not be broke. You where the one who ran into it, not he, so do not be angry at anyone other then yourself.” Reve was not once to let people get to him and he was not about ready to let Moria do so. She would have to put up with him and his people.

“Now, let's get that wonderful library book of yours back so I can finish up with business and return home.” He took one of her hands and held it tightly so that she could not pull it out of his grasp, “Go on and lead the way.”
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business.   Taking Care of Business. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:00 pm

Moira snorted pridefully, but said nothing. She winced as Reve took her hand. He was showing her his power, and she knew her only hope was now in a tiny fang-shaped drop of blood on page 7 of Wuthering Heights. She and Reve walked into the library. It was closed, and Algernon was putting books back onto shelves as usual. Moira gave him a strained smile, and handed him the book.

"Here you are, dear Agly, just in time. I'm afraid I'm going away for a bit, but there's no cause for harm, my dear. I'm sure we'll see see each other again soon. You know I do agree that the quote by Catherine on page 86 is rather insightful, but I'm afraid my favorite is still the quote by Heathcliff on page 7. You ought to look at it again," she chirped happily. She gasped over-dramatically, and put a hand over her mouth.

"Oh, I almost forgot! Bastet sends her sweetest regards. She really does miss you, but she's out hunting at the moment. I can barely keep her contained, you know," she giggled. She looked at Reve, smiling widely.

"Well, I suppose we're off then?" she asked lightheartedly.

Reve Winslow did not know Moira Orflaith. He did not know that she was not acting at all like herself. He did not know that she and Algernon had never had a conversation about Wuthering Heights at all, and it had all been an act to clue off Algernon. But Moira was very careful. Her mind was clear. She knew he was a mind reader, and she knew that caution and cunning would have to save her. She prayed Algernon would play along. If he didn't, she feared for her dear friend's life.

ooc:// I'm off to find Pannic....
Back to top Go down
Pannic

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business.   Taking Care of Business. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:59 pm

When Moira was walking in, Algernon had finished shelving books, and was walking back to his desk to start filling out paperwork. New book orders... everyone wants a copy of Atlas Shrugged all of a sudden... Then, [i]Wuthering Heights[i] appears in front of his face.

"Moira, I-" he said, looking up quickly, but he then shut his mouth. Something wasn't right. He looked next to her - there was another vampire. Something was wrong...

She wasn't herself. She was acting. He'd best try to play along...

"Ahh..." he said, taking the book. "Good. Just in time. Though I must admit, it's nice to get fines. Helps to pay for things." he gave a slight chuckle, which was a somewhat painful sight with someone who seemed to malnourished. "Where is it you're going...?" he asked, though he didn't wait for an answer. He knew what it was - it was that Kristof. Besides, moving to another subject might help to deter suspicion.

"You don't say... I suppose I'll have to give it another read." He said, putting the book under the desk. Maybe her reference meant something...

"Are you sure you wouldn't like to check out another book to take with you?" He asked. "Something like Jane Eyre, to carry the literature from that family? Or maybe Ayn Rand - there's been a rise of interest in her books. I dunno, though, it all feels so jaded and cynical to me..." If she was going to check out a book, that meant maybe she could come back soon. If not, that meant that it was Kristof, and that he needed to do something.
Back to top Go down
Arm
Admin
Arm

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business.   Taking Care of Business. EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 3:34 am

“She does not have time to check out another book at this current moment,” Reve said to Algernon, not wanting to wait around all day while Moria found herself another book. He needed to get her to Kristof, not listen to her chitchat.

“We need to make our departure now, dear.” He did not want her hinting off Algernon. Kristof would not be pleased at all if he did not get Moria. He doubted that he would ever tell Daciana what she needed to know if something went wrong with this whole little bargain.

“If you desire another book then I shall let you have one from my place. I have a nice selection of them.” He needed to get her away and if a book was what she wanted she would just agree to go. “Come on, darling. We must finish with our business.”
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business.   Taking Care of Business. EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 4:16 am

Moira nodded, smiling at Reve.

"Yes, of course, we really must get a move on," she chirped. As the vampire lord turned to go, she glanced back at Algernon. Her entire expression had changed. Her eyes were wide with desperation and fear, but she turned around without a word, and the two had disappeared out the door.

~~~

Victor looked at the empty apartment, and growled.

"Reve Winslow, that bastard. What does he want with her, and where is he taking her?" he snarled out loud. Following the scent, the wolf trotted quickly through the thinning clouds downtown, and his scent wafted into nearby buildings.

OOC:// Arm, I think Moira and Reve are gone from this thread. Pannic, you may have Algernon look in the book and smell Victor. He would recognize the scent of the Bloodfang pack. Smile Sorry that was short. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. :p
Back to top Go down
Pannic

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business.   Taking Care of Business. EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:37 pm

Algernon stared at her as she left, a terrified expression of fear plastered to her face. He had to help... but what could he do?

Then it hit him. Wuthering Heights. Page seven. He looked at it. There must've been something in the text there...

But there didn't seem to be anything there. Just Emily Bronte... Wait... there was a little red stain. Blood? He looked closer, adjusting his glasses. A little tiny drop of blood in the shape of a fang. Blood... fang. He noticed there was a smell about it... a familiar smell. Bloodfang.

Of course! That one werewolf who came over to his library asking for information and didn't kill him. Maybe they could help him...

But how? What could he do? He didn't know how to find them... all he could do was hope that one would walk in the front door again.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business.   Taking Care of Business. EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 12:27 am

Victor Bloodfang sniffed the front steps of the library. She and Reve had been in. Why? Why would Reve have taken her to a library? He sniffed again and sneezed. More corpse smell. A contact of Reve? No...hadn't Daciana said something about a vampire librarian she'd met who didn't kill humans? He frowned. He didn't care if they weren't murderers. He hated them. Every last one of them. Still, he couldn't exactly go in and rip the bastard's head off. That wouldn't really help their cause. The wolf walked up to the door and pushed it open with his two front paws. He surveyed the library. No humans. That was good. One vampire with a look of utter shock on his face. Also good. He shifted, not caring that he was completely nude.

"Albert, I presume? I need to know what you know. Now," he snapped. He clearly didn't want to be in the same room with Algernon any longer than possible.
Back to top Go down
Pannic

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business.   Taking Care of Business. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 3:46 am

Algernon's jaw dropped as a stark naked man with a haughty air marched right into his library. He near-instantly shielded his eyes.

He sniffed. A werewolf, apparently, and of the same smell as the stain on the page. Well, then apparently he was help... he just wished the help didn't come like this. Then the werewolf addressed him, asking if he knew anything. Why on earth should he know anything? He's just a librarian... well, this was his only way of asking for help.

"Algernon..." he muttered softly, before answering the question. "I just know that a friend of mine, Moira - she's in trouble. She just left here a little while ago with another vampire. I think it has something to do with Kristof... he was showing an interest in her."
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business.   Taking Care of Business. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 4:57 pm

Something like a canine growl erupted from the man's throat. It was a sound no mortal should have been able to make. Then again, this man was not your average mortal. He slammed his fist down on the table, cracking the tile.

"Damn...that bastard. He must be trying to replace Daciana...well, she'll just love that. We needed Moira..." he said. He looked up at Algernon, and sighed, as though he were trying to explain some complicated situation to a two year old.

"Moira was helping a fledging learn how not to be a murderer. If you want to help, follow my scent. If not, then thanks for the information. The Bloodfangs will be getting her back, if at all possible," he grunted. With that, the man shifted into an enormous gray brute of a wolf, and sprinted out the door.

ooc:// If Algernon does come to the cave, (doesn't have to, just a thought) then just have him show up. Victor will already be there. It's the one on one roleplay with me and HFCP. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business.   Taking Care of Business. Empty

Back to top Go down

Taking Care of Business.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruentus Luna :: Group Role-play-
Jump to: