Cruentus Luna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cruentus Luna

The area of Seattle has been inhabited for almost 4, 000 years. The earliest inhabitants were the Duwamish Tribe, and with them, came their legends of the man-wolf. Werewolves have inhabited this land long before the first Europeans came.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dragon and HFCP

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 5:27 am

ooc:// I've been working on a Solo piece between Daciana, Victor, and Bridgette. It will give more insight into all of their characters, but I'm not done with it. I'll post it later for you to read. For now, we can move on. Wink Sorry, I've been away.

bic://
Their smells came to Max far before he heard or saw the Bloodfang pack. Their scents were melded together, already a pack. Daciana's with Victor's. Victor's with Bridgette's. Bridgette's with Daciana's. A unified pack, moving as one. As their smells grew stronger, three piercing howls split the night air. The first was strong and wild. The second that joined it almost drowned out the first it was so powerful. The third was quieter, and an unmistakable sorrow overwhelmed the sound so much it was nearly haunting. Soon, three figures emerged from the darkness.

She looked as though she were the wolf goddess of the night, Atra, herself, appearing before him. She did not appear, but melted away from the shadows as if she were one herself. It was her eyes, her bright silver eyes of the moon that he saw first. The rest of her, the pale skin barely covered in a thin, transparent black robe, the flowing locks of raven-wing colored hair falling about her perfect, pale, tear-shaped face. She walked like a goddess. Soon, a beast of a man stepped from the blackness to her right side. He was built like a rock, every muscle toned and bulging. He was wearing some kind of wrap around his waist that looked Middle Eastern. His chest was bare.

But the figure that Max's eyes strained for the most, appeared last. A red flame in the darkness. He recognized her familiar confidant stride, the swing of her delicately curved hips, the bouncing of her fiery bright red curls, and finally, her eyes that looked like a storm-tossed tempest-ridden sea. She walked just behind Victor, but on Daciana's left side.

The three paused at the entrance of the cave, and Bastet hissed in terror. The black cat leapt from Jay's arms and ran to the back of the cave to cower with her back arched. The goddess of night spoke first. Her voice was quiet, but something in it held the power and authority that an Alpha should have, or at least, seemed to have to Max.

"You have the greetings and peace of the Bloodfang pack. We've come to talk about your particular situation," she said quietly. Victor tossed Max a warp like his, though it looked as if it would be a bit big. Bridgette did not glance at him. Her eyes remained unwaveringly fixed upon the back of the cave, staring into the nothing of the darkness.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 10:20 pm

When their smell hit him he cringed. This was a pack. Bridgette was now part of this pack. He changed in to man and was no longer concentrated on such a trivial thing as clothing. Jay pressed close suddenly frightened as well. Bastet took off but the thing that caught Jay's attention was Max.

His face was as if he had been cast in to a sea. A piece of paper so dejected that he had nothing. Jay grabbed his hand even though it felt unusually warm and squeezed it lightly.

When Max looked down at her and couldn't smile she knew that Max wasn't happy. About what she would have to ask later. For now the pack members approached. A woman that was absolutely beautiful came first. The Alpha presumably. Followed by a huge man and then Bridgette.

Probably to her surprise he wasn't looking up at all instead his head was lowered. Many times this would be a sign of respect but only in a wolf form. Max had always been this way.

Her voice was softly spoken but there was no other noise but there breathing so it was like a pin being dropped. When he was tossed the wrap he tugged it on though felt quiet ridicules. Wouldn't it have been easier if he had just been able to stay as a wolf? It felt as if he had just put on clown pants.

He tugged Jay under his arms and nodded solemnly. Never once did he look at Bridgette. Though Jay let out a frustrated sigh, "Max, thoughs pants do not fit." She disappeared in a blur of motion and he just watched she appeared mearly moments later and handed him a leather belt.

Max couldn't help but smile, "Thanks I guess." He put on the belt but felt no much better about the pants. He hugged Jay close once more, "Bridgette should have explained to you. There is no need to explain what I already know. Bridgette is unharmed and already smells of you. The only question is of me and Jay."

He seemed tired though. As if just standing there had taken too much out of him. In truth he was tired of Bridgette ignoring him. He just wanted to make sure his little sister was all right and that they both had some where to stay even if it was temporary.

"I feel I must say one thing. If I am not or if Bridgette feels nothing then I will leave. I am a loner after all and I have grown accustom to running in my life," His voice was even and he only looked at the Alpha.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 1:14 am

"Bridgette should have explained to you. There is no need to explain what I already know. Bridgette is unharmed and already smells of you. The only question is of me and Jay."

As he spoke these words, Bridgette's face contorted, as though she were in pain. Daciana noticed, and interrupted him.

"Miss. Marcel has explained your situation extensively. If she had not, why do you think we would be here? Small chat with a stray wolf and a fledgling vampire? No. Miss. Marcell has made a bargain with our pack. The details of this bargain are none of your concern, but mine and her's. Jay has the protection of the Bloodfang pack," Daciana said. Although her voice was smooth, there was aggression in it. Victor shifted his weight, glaring at Max.

"It's all her doing," he said, motioning with his head towards Bridgette, "that we have agreed to protect the leech under certain conditions." Bridgette started and looked up at Victor. She was obviously shocked, but Daciana smiled at her. Her storm-tossed blue eyes fell back down to the floor. They were already defending her...as a pack sister.

"I feel I must say one thing. If I am not or if Bridgette feels nothing then I will leave. I am a loner after all and I have grown accustom to running in my life,".

Bridgette's face contorted in pain again, and Daciana quickly stepped in front of her, hiding her slender form as though Max were about to physically attack her. Victor snorted, and shook his head.

"You are an idiot," he said in a gruff voice. Daciana shot him a reprimanding glare, and he submissively looked down quietly.

"You and Jay could run, Max, but I doubt you would get far. Aslin knows of Jay. He knows why his younger sister left his pack. Do you really think you would get far? I suggest you think very carefully about what I am going to offer you before you make a final decision. Through...the conditions of my pact with Miss. Marcell, you are welcome to join the Bloodfang pack, if you choose. I have no Delta male, though now a Delta female, and working as a pack, we could protect Jay much more effectively. Remember, this decision effects more than you, Max. It effects Jay just as much, possibly more. You may leave the pack whenever you wish. I have never been one to abuse my power as Alpha," she said. This time her voice had an edge to it, but it was not hostile. It was a warning.

"Perhaps you would like a night to think it over?" Daciana proposed, though it wasn't really a question. Victor rolled his eyes but said nothing. Apparently, Bridgette's feeling would not be discussed. At least, not now. But Max couldn't help but wonder...What were these conditions? How much of her own soul did she sell to these Bloodfangs to provide Jay protection and give him the opportunity of a real pack family?

And most importantly, why?
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 2:47 am

Max didn't look at them. He was looking at the ground. At his bare feet. Was he the scum beneath them? Perhaps that was just so. Jay on the other hand moved forward with astonishing speed. She was a newly made vampire and freshly fed at that. She stomped the ground and everything was turned to dust beneath it.

"Your the idiot! He loves her! He's already made his decision! You think he doesn't know that she's sacrificed a lot already? And then you taunt him about me! I can take care of my damn self and you have no right to threaten him like that! You make me so angry! You call me a leach but look at your own kind. It's obvious you've taken something from Bridgette and now you are probably going to use Max and me as well. Leaching off of them. Your the parasites of your own kind," Jay glared at them clearly unafraid even though now Max was to be considered part of them.

Max pulled her back, "I must join. I will teach Jay respect." It was spoken quietly but he didn't look up once.

Jay let out a sigh and finally nodded respectfully, "I will learn. If you excuse me I have to go take care of a very frightened vampire cat." She fled from them to the cave and to the hissing cat. She petted him softly, "I think I agree with you, Bastet."

Max couldn't stand it. They were his pack. He adjusted to the idea for a moment before settling on Bridgette. With out a second though he slipped in to his wolf form. He had always been more comfortable here. Closer to the ground.

With a skillful twist he ripped the wrap free not at all gentle. He could always get more clothing. Jay was not one to let him go around naked. He got to his feet ans stretched his toned muscles. Not looking at any one but instead preferring the ground.

He didn't say anything but sat down and looked up at the Alpha with a much more respectful gaze. Not even daring to speak. That's when it dawned on him. Stay in this form. He could no longer be tempted to touch Bridgette and yet be able to freely.

Max padded carefully around the alpha to take his place. Gently he pressed his side against Bridgette's leg before he sat down. Letting out a low whine that expressed his apology to her. Again looking down at his paws once more.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 3:21 am

In the middle of Jay's speech, Victor had lunged forward. Bridgette seemed frozen in place, and her eyes grew wide. Daciana, however, kept her cool as always. Grabbing his arm, she held him back until Max spoke.

"I must join. I will teach Jay respect."

"She needs to learn a lot more than respect," growled Victor menacingly. Daciana silenced him with a single look, and apparently with Jay's final say, the Beta wolf was somewhat satisfied.

"The cave reeks of corpse. I'm going to run the perimeter," he muttered. Daciana looked at Bridgette. She had jumped when Max had brushed her leg, and moved so he wouldn't touch her. She was unusually pale. The Alpha shook her head.

"No, Bridgette's faster. She'll run the perimeter. We need your strength here for Jay's protection. Bridgette..." she said calmly. The red-headed young woman showed no sign of her previous fire. She obeyed without question. Her submission was complete. Never turning to glance at Max, she slipped out of the cave, the robe falling behind her. Four padded paws hit the ground running.

"Max, you may go wherever you like. Victor and I can protect Jay just fine," Daciana said. She raised an eyebrow at him, but said nothing more. She crossed to the back of the cave slowly and gracefully, paying Victor and Max no more heed. Victor, who either didn't mind or was used to it, settled down to sit at the entrance of the cave, his deep brown eyes staring out into the darkness. Apparently, he didn't care to converse with Max.

Bastet's back was arched and her coal black fur was still bristled, but she came to Jay with cautious pads. She mewed, and it wasn't a happy sound. Jay didn't have to have a psychic connection with the cat to know she wasn't happy. But something else was wrong. Her usually bright golden orbs were dark, and looked troubled. In fact, the poor cat was shaking as if she were in pain or cold. She mewed again, mournfully, and leapt into Jay's arms.

ooc:// Have Max follow her! And yes, something is very, very wrong. Wink Sorry this was so late. I've been swamped because I was sick for so long.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 10:42 pm

There was no fire and it hit him in just the right way. His mind was set even before the alpha had said that he could do as he wished and Victor seemed set upon completely ignoring him.

He nodded slowly and padded as if he was in no rush to leave. The smell of the robes floated around him as he walked close. A smile that seemed full of longing passed over his wolfish features but was gone. Tail hanging low he padded out. Her speed was so great but it only made him think better of her.

With out following the trail he went to where would be the most logical place she would run and ran opposite. Towards her. When the thunder of her feet reached his ear he sat down and waited.

Her red fur and sleek grace broke through the trees, "Bridgette, what is wrong? Did I do something. I'm sorry if I did. I'll do as you wish. I can stay in this form. I am more useful here and less likely to touch you." His words were spoken fast but distinctly so she could understand. He followed the words with a low whine of both worry and sadness.

Jay looked worried as she took in the cats mood. She leaned close as if to kiss the cats head but spoke softly, "What's wrong, Bastet?" Her hands moved quickly over the cat to check for injury but felt a bit silly because the cat was a vampire cat.

"Did something happen?" Jay looked the cat in the eyes. Holding the poor cat close to her chest and stroking her with strong reassureing hands.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 12:27 am

She didn't even notice his scent, not until she almost ran straight into him. She was panting. She had been running at a dead sprint, running from what, Max could only guess. Maybe whatever she had sold to the cursed Bloodfangs.

"Bridgette, what is wrong? Did I do something. I'm sorry if I did. I'll do as you wish. I can stay in this form. I am more useful here and less likely to touch you."

The red she-wolf's jaw nearly fell open, but she shook her head, as though she were trying to force the sound of his voice out of her head.

No, Bridgette. Think of him, think of anyone but yourself for once in your wretched, worthless life.

She regained her composure, or the facade of it. Her lips curled over her fangs in a snarl, but she still couldn't meet his gaze.

"What are you, a whining, whimpering pup?" she snapped, her jaws clapping together with powerful force. She began to pace back and forth in front of him, as if she had been stuck with madness. Maybe she had. That Alpha...there was something different about her.

"Do as I wish? Fine, then stay the hell away from me. In fact, if you want to know what I really want, I want you to hate me. Loath me. Yes, hate me, just as I hate you," she growled. Something in her voice....she wasn't as good as an actress as before. She didn't hate Max; that much was obvious. What was the real mystery..was why in the world she would want him to hate her?

The red she-wolf turned on him, and her fangs were in front of his face in seconds. Her speed still astounded him after all this time.

"You, you and your ridiculous, wretched pet. I should have killed her, and now that I didn't, I've been banished from my own family, and forced into servitude. Yes, hate me, and I'll hate you and you and Jay will leave when the danger's passed, and we'll forget each other's very names," she snarled. She turned away, and was a few feet away from him. Her back was turned to him. Her fur was bristled, and she was trembling, but not with anger. Her anger...that was her mask. She was hiding something, something big.

~~~

Daciana's eyes grew large when she looked at Bastet.

"Jay...Jay, that's Moira's cat, is it not?" she asked. Her face had suddenly turned deathly pale, and there was fear in her voice for the first time. Victor, hearing the tone in her voice, quickly stood up and walked to stand with a hand around Daciana's waist.

Bastet mewed again, in agony, and pushed her head into Jay's chest.

"Jay, this is important. What do you know about that cat? Anything at all you can tell me about her and Moira's connection? Anything at all?" she pressed, in a high shrill voice. Victor looked at Daciana, but said nothing.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 2:06 am

Max knew he couldn't hate her. He jumped as she showed her astounding speed once more but this time with her teeth only inches from his face.

Fine.

The word rung in his mind. He came behind her and licked her shoulder, "Fine, I will not be a whining pup. I can't play dead for you Bridgette. I love you damn it! Tell me Bridgette."

He changed then and there he grabbed her in to his mighty arms but held her so that she could have easily killed him, "I can't hate you. If you want me to then kill me now. I love you Bridgette. I want to kiss you and be jealous over guys that check you out but know that you are mine and I am yours. I want to hear about every problem even if I can't help. Right now this is important don't push me away Bridgette. I can't bare it."

He pushed his face in to her fur and could feel the hot breath of her muzzle against his bare neck, "Bridgette, I told you I offer my ear to you for what you are feeling and my claws and teeth to thoughs who wish you harm. I’ve said it to you before but you didn’t listen. I can’t leave you now Bridgette. Hating you.”

Shaking his head he held her closer to his neck and waited. Half expecting to feel her teeth in his neck and half expecting her to simply escape his grasp and walk away he held still. His own breath made her fur move. Concentrating on that he waited.

Jay looked startled, "There is a connection. She always tells me what Bastet says. I think something happened though. Bastet he knows things." She stood up quickly with Bastet still pressed close to her.

"We should go find her. I believe Bastet," she seemed skeptic that the suddenly terrified alpha would be of any help to her.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 2:24 am

No fangs bared. In fact, the only thing Max felt was the melting away of fur to reveal the soft, tenderness of Bridgette's pale skin.

No growls escaped. In fact, the only thing Max heard was the almost silent gasp of a sob. Bridgette was shaking in his arms. He had broken her, finally. She did not resist his hold on her, but she did stop crying very quickly.

"Max, do you want to know why you can't love me? Why it would be so much better for you to hate me?" she whispered into his bare chest. She lifted her head, so her trembling lips brushed his ear gently.

"Because I'm going to die," she said.

~~~

Daciana straightened herself quickly.

"Victor, go," she ordered. There was no fear in her voice now, only decisiveness. The Beta male shifted, and the large gray wolf fled out of the cave as fast as his brute strength would allow. Without another word, Daciana shifted, and an enormous, sleek, beautiful black she-wolf stood before Jay. Her eyes remained that unearthly moon silver. She padded quickly to the edge of the cave and lifted her head. The howl she lifted was so powerful, the puddles of water in the cave rippled with its resonance. Daciana shifted back, put her robe back on, and looked at Jay.

"Moira is not dead. If she were, that cat would be as well. Victor has gone to find her, and will report to us what needs to be done. Until then, the safest thing for us, and for you, Jay, is to stay here and wait for Max and Bridgette to get back. We will wait to hear what Victor finds before we make any hasty decisions," she said. She went to stand at the mouth of the cave, and stared out into the blackness. She was lost in her own thoughts.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 2:44 am

Max was shocked. Even if she stopped crying quickly he liked it though. She was tough and that's why he liked her. Her lips against his ear made him shiver but her words made his arms tighten around her.

Though he loosened his grip and his hands went to her face. He stroked the last of her tears away and kissed her. Kissed her gently and then more as if giving in with all of his heart. It was gentle loving and then fierce and hurting.

"I love you any way, Bridgette. I-I wont let any one hurt you," He pressed her close again and hugged her, "Who then? I will be ready." Determination had settled in to his voice.

His thoughts went to the name that he already despised for hurting her before. That as the most probable answer. Pressing his face in to her beautiful red hair he held her close. One hand traveled over her bare back in a comforting gesture while the other was around her waist holding her close to him. Not a thought that they were both naked together came to him.

Jay stommped her foot. She really believed that she would trust werewolves to care for her mentor? Then if Bastet would be dead too she would protect the cat from them. She edged away as if trying to make Bastet more comfortable.

Holding the cat close and petting it's fur. Trying her best to calm him but knew she was failing. Only when her sister and mentor was fine was the cat going to really ever calm down.

"Why can't I go with Bastet?" She asked though tried hard to keep her tone as respectful as possible.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 3:16 pm

She didn't pull away from his kiss, and when it became fierce, so did she. Her eyes were still closed when their lips parted, and she rested her forehead on his chest.

"I love you any way, Bridgette. I-I wont let any one hurt you. Who then? I will be ready."

"You don't understand, Max. He's too powerful. Kristof is nothing compared to him, a mere child. He's a mind reader, and I don't have a chance, but..." she whispered. She stopped, her voice choked, and he felt a few more hot tears roll down his bare chest.

"He killed my family...right in front of me, when I was a pup. I tried...I tried to kill him, and the only reason I'm alive is because he was bored with me. I wasn't enough of a challenge for him," she spat bitterly. Her body began to tense, and she was trembling again. Hot angry tears now rolled down her flushed cheeks.

"I gave my word, swore to Our Mother that I would kill him, or die trying. That's a vow no wolf can break, and I can't kill him, Max. I'm not strong enough. No one is, or at least, no one I've ever met," she said softly. Her secret was out. The reason for her bitterness and ill-temperment and hateful scorn. It was good reason. And now, she had accepted that she would die for her vow, made in the fury of the moment. Bridgette wriggled her way out of Max's grasp and stood up. The fire had returned to her eyes, and her head was held pridefully, like he was used to seeing her. She was no longer crying. The hard resolve had returned.

"You've had enough heart-break for one wolf, Max. Don't add another. I never said I loved you anyway," she replied in a strained voice. A bitter smile broke across her pale lips.

"My brother was right. I'm too proud, too wild a wolf to ever choose a life-mate anyway. I've always been alone, even in a pack, and I'll return to the Mother that way, alone," she said scornfully. Suddenly, an echoing howl met their ears.

"That's Daciana. Something's wrong....Victor's gone to see what. We should get back to Jay," she said, turning her back on Max. She hesitated, and did not shift just yet.

~~~

Daciana did not turn around but continued staring out into the night with shimmering silver eyes.

"You and Bastet will stay here. We have vowed to keep you safe, and that is what we will do, whether you cooperate or not, Jay," she said calmly. The Alpha sniffed the air, but said nothing more. Daciana was not really one for small talk. She was used to giving orders, and having them obeyed without question. There was no need for conversation in the Alpha's eyes.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 10:46 pm

Max let her leave his arms and smiled at her confidence. Though he knew he would have to break it and in it's place leave hope. Gently he got to his feet as she turned around as if to leave but he took her hand in his gently.

"Bridgette, you always say one. No one person can. What about two? My strength and your speed. I can't let you leave me like this Bridgette. My heart already chose you even if you will never take me as a life mate and I will always wish you would," He smiled but didn't attempt to turn her around, "I will be here for you. Not even you can't say no to me."

His hand squeezed hers gently before releasing her, "We should get back then. I need to dig my self out of a hole." He gently went around her and looked her square in the eyes, "I'm sorry for your family. That is not pitying words either. It makes me angry and sad at there loss."

One hand brushed in to her hair and he leaned in to kiss her but right before he seemed to change his mind and turned around. Suddenly a hot blush raced over him. They had kissed and they were both naked. He could still feel the wet tears that had cooled on his chest. He changed swiftly and looked down at his paws.

Deciding sense she was so fast that she would easily catch up with him he took off in the direction that would lead them straight to the cave. Werewolves were always great with directions it seemed. The wind felt good and the twigs that brushed through his fur made him awake in some ways.

Had he really kissed Bridgette? It seemed so surreal he could barely believe it. At the same time it made his heart beat faster and squeeze tight. Should he continue to stay in this form? After he had felt her creamy soft skin and kissed her lips he didn't think he could even pull it off any more.

Jay frowned but tucked the cat closer to her chest and had both arms protectively over him. She walked over to Daciana and spoke as politely as she could, "I know that you have to protect me but Miora she's like my sister. Just as Max is like a brother to me. Just like your pack mates you would do anything for. I can't help but feel guilty and want to go and help as best I can. I would still do it even if I wasn't a vampire."

Jay sat down and looked out side with her. Trying to make poor Bastet as comfortable as she possibly could. Stroking and whispering comforting words to him.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 6:54 am

Bridgette did not respond, except when he leaned in to kiss her. A subtle glance of surprise, and even disappointment flashed over her face, but the hardness replaced it almost immediately. She said nothing to his comments, and when he shifted, she waited for a few moments. He was out of sight quickly, and she closed her eyes, breathing deeply.

I can't do it...I'm too selfish; I just can't do it. I won't let him die for me, but I want to be loved, just once, just by one person before I die...is that too much to ask? Oh, Mother, have mercy on me...

She shifted, and the red she-wolf was running beside Max's side in a matter of seconds. She could have passed him, quite easily. Instead, she slowed her pace, and pressed herself closer to him. Their fur rustled against each other, and she could feel his muscles rippling. She could even hear him breathing they were running so close. They were running as life-partners did. Side by side, to whatever end. She lifted her head and answered Daciana's call. They were coming.

~~~

Daciana turned and looked at Jay. The new vampire got the feeling that it was the first time the Alpha had really truly looked at her, and it made her uncomfortable. The unnatural silver moon eyes were unwavering, hard, and completely unreadable. There was strength, but there was something else. Something deeper. The Alpha moved slowly, as if she were afraid of startling Jay, or perhaps just because she chose to move thusly. A strong, but beautiful hand rested on Jay's shoulder, and Daciana's brow furrowed into a compassionate contortion of sympathy.

"I will not attempt to understand your bond with your mentor. I am no vampire, and I have no right to do so. But you must understand. Moira could be facing powers that my entire pack could not protect her, or you from at the moment. Until we know more, we can do nothing," she said. She sighed, and closed her eyes for a moment. She cupped Jay's face delicately with her hands, and leaned down so they were eye-level.

"I do understand the heart of Moira, and I know she would want you to be kept safe, at all costs. We will do all we can for her, but acting in haste, will not help her, or us," she said softly. Her voice had taken on a gentle tone that Jay had never heard before, and she knew that Daciana would keep her word. The Alpha tried to smile, but it was a poor attempt. She straightened up and took her place back at watching the entrance to the cave.

Bastet mewed again, but buried her little head in Jay's chest. Whatever the cat was thinking, she wasn't trying to get away and run to Moira. That had to mean something.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:57 pm

Max could feel the very air tremble at her call. It included him so he did not bother to howl. Instead he took the time to feel her fur gently against his. There paws spaced so as not to knock each other was automatic. It made him shiver to feel her so close.

Love rose up and chocked his throat as they arrived together. Both there claws clicking on the rocky ground. He left her at where she had dropped her robe and strode in to the cave. He was not going to change.

Nodding respectfully to the Alpha he sat down by Jay. His doggy smile was evident and he gave her a huge lick. Completely ignoring the cat. Then he seemed to take in the tense air. Letting out a low whine he cocked his head in a questioning way. All of course for the benefit of Jay.

"Moira," Jay said gulping down some emotion even as she wiped at the slobber on her face, "Something happened to her. I don't know where she is. She shouldn't have left." Jay couldn't hang on any more. Now it was obvious she had been barely hanging on by a thread. She burst in to tears. Though they mimicked something like how movie stars did it. Perfect and her eyes did not puff up. Not to mention that the very tears were tinged red.

Her fingers twined in to his golden fur and she pressed her face against him. Ignoring the horrid smell of wet dog she let Max's familiar form comfort her. Max let out a low whine and placed his head on her shoulder to press her close. He too had to ignore the smell of death that clung to her. The cat was between them but Max was gentle not to squish him.

After a while Jay seemed to gather her self. Pulling away she wiped at her face and gave Max a sad smile. He in turn lay down on her right side. Though his eyes traveled to Bridgette. To him she was part of his family now. A very very important part.

"What do you expect happened?" His gaze shifted to Daciana to answer the question as she would obviously know what would happen better then Bridgette or him. Guiltily his mind switched to Bridgette's lips and her family. He had never really knew his but Jay was his family and he couldn't bare to lose her. In front of her? Anger was a powerful emotion. Why was everyone hurting his family? He would kill who caused Bridgette harm and bring Moira back.

Good thing that he was very level headed otherwise he would have gone then. Waiting for orders was better though. Waiting for Bridgette was the key. Daciana was his alpha but he was in love with Bridgette and had pledged to her before he had even met Daciana.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:44 pm

Bridgette had to force herself not to smile as she and Max ran side by side. She had heard the gravity in Daciana's howl, and she knew this was no time for personal feelings, no matter how strong they were. No, she had been in a pack all her life, and had been trained to act accordingly. Now was time for orders. Now was time for action.

As their claws clicked on the rocky cave floor, Bridgette paused in the shadows. She shifted, and threw the fairly transparent red robe over her. It wasn't much cover, but it was better than nothing. She had no problem being completely nude, but, well, she didn't know if it would make Jay uncomfortable. She had never taken the time to try and understand them, though now she had the desire to.

As Jay broke, Bridgette stiffened, and her fists balled into fists. She began to tremble, and Max knew if she had been a wolf, her fangs would have been bared and her fur bristled at the events. Her eyes, flashing like a storm of Calypso herself, focused on Daciana immediately.

"When did Victor leave?" she asked quickly. A hint of a smile crossed Daciana's face, and she sighed.

"Long enough ago that you couldn't overtake him, sister. I need you and Max to stay here. We will protect Jay until Victor can provide us with more information. I am going to call to Our Mother, and see if she will bend her ear to me. You two stay on high alert, and do not, for any reason, leave Jay's side," Daciana said. Bridgette nodded, but her eyes had grown wide. Daciana was beginning to walk out of the cave, but Bridgette followed her for a few feet. Looking over her shoulder, the Alpha stopped, and Bridgette seemed to cringe under her gaze.

"Do you mean," she whispered quietly, as if she was speaking of something she shouldn't, "that you have the sight? I mean, just like in the stories." Daciana smiled, but it was strained.

"The gift is...difficult to wield, and I am no master of it, but while we are waiting, I will see what Our Mother grants me. I will return shortly," Daciana answered. Her voice was soft, though her voice held no shame in it. Without another word, the Alpha shifted, and disappeared into the night. Bridgette's eyes remained large, and she looked as though she were light-headed. Apparently, she was, as she quickly sat down on a rock near the entrance of the cave, using one hand to steady herself.

"By Vita...I never dreamed..."she whispered. Lost in her thoughts, she stared blankly out into the night, waiting and watching in silence.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 12:56 am

Max watched her transform with anger. He had to admit he liked it. Her ferocious protection and strong will. She had failed saving her family and it made him angry as well. To distract him self he turned his attention to Jay.

Whining he nudged her and she got to her feet, "We need to go get you clothes." She frowned, "Bridgette, I'll go with you and Max can stay here with Bastet." It showed how much she trusted Bridgette, "Then I wont be alone and Max can be here if they return. Plus you're faster." She smiled at Bridgette.

Max looked like he didn't like it one bit. Padding over to Bridgette he leaned against her, "I do need clothes and the bag is packed but I don't think Jay should go. She is better protected here."

Jay looked at Max and then back at Bridgette for translation. It was so frustrating like this. So instead of waiting for Bridgette to interpret he changed but in a sitting position, "The alpha said no. I can wait and I definitely don't want either of you to leave." He smiled at Bridgette and took her hand giving it a tight squeeze but resisting the urge to pull her down.

Jay let out an exasperated sigh, "Then I can go so you can have grown up alone time, ick. I'm faster now and I can take care-"

Max cut her off, "No." His gaze was angry but softened to sadness, "I can't lose you Jay. We're here because of you and I'm not about to let you go." Though his gaze had shifted from Jay it went back to Bridgette's face and he hesitated on changing back.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 4:17 am

ooc:// I want to let this thread wait for just a little while because a.) I kind of want things in chronological orders, and Victor is almost back, and b.) I still feel wretched and I refuse to write Bridgette in a horrible style. :/
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 11:04 pm

OOC:// Okie dokie artichokie ^^ I can wait... barely XD no no I can feel better!
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 2:46 am

Bridgette only heard half of what Jay said. She was still lost in her own world. This sight, or whatever she had called it, had deep significance that was lost on both Max and Jay. She finally looked up, still out of sorts, but shook her head.

"No...no, Max is right," she said. She stood up and went to stare out into the darkness. She was silent, and it was as if she were alone.

"I thought Caitire was...the only one left...it means she must be descended from..." she whispered. Suddenly, a howl shattered the cave's silence. It made Bastet scream and scratch her way out of Jay's arms and out into the night. The black cat didn't stop until she was at the top of the nearest towering pine tree. The call had almost the same effect on Jay, though she mastered it. It had made her want to flee, though she had no idea where she was going or who she was running from.

The wolves on the other hand...

Bridgette was brought to her knees, and although she wasn't in pain, it was another feeling. Something she had never felt before. It was a reverence, but no reverence that any mortal could completely understand. It was as if you were staring your own creator in the face, and had nothing to say or even do. You were frozen in place. The feeling was quick in coming, but slow in leaving. It was a full twenty minutes before Bridgette gasped for air as if someone had their hands around her throat until that moment. One of her hands flew to her heaving chest, and her eyes were wide. She was unable to speak for another two minutes, but finally looked up at Jay.

"J-jay...you should....should get Bastet...she's just...right outside," she stammered in a strained whisper. She then looked at Max. She was sure he had questions, and she wasn't quite sure she could answer them.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 3:18 am

Jay jolted to her feet just as the cat got out of her hands. The claw marks healing in moments. Her eyes went wide with fear but she staid where she was. Her fear ebbed as Bridgette began to speak. Yes, Bastet.

With out another word she fled from them. Climbing the tree nimbly she suddenly felt better. It was her. The other werewolf the one that seemed so distant.

"Bastet, calm down. They wont hurt you. I got you," She said to the cat and reached out to pet her gently.

Max shuddered hard but did not fall to his knees. When she did though it shook him. Something more then even he knew was happening. Bridgette caught her breath and he moved slowly. Then as if in a very firm way, wrapped both arms around her and pulled her in to his lap.

Searching her gaze as his brow creased with worry. When Jay brushed past him he didn't look up. Instead he was intent on Bridgette. He did have questions but he didn't think he could ask them.

Frowning he leaned closer and kissed her lips. Slowly it thawed his mind and eased the tension in his muscles. Silently he pressed his cheek against hers when he knew he could speak.

"She is very powerful," Was all he got out. Taking a deep breath he tried again, "What is she doing exactly?"

He pulled away but hugged his arms tighter to look in to her face more intently. As if searching for the answer there, "Are you all right?" To him it was the most important question. Worry creased his face again, "I'm going to get worry lines."

His arms tightened as he tugged her closer to his chest to free up one arm. Using that hand he rubbed a hand over his face and let out a sigh. Giving her a half smile that was meant to show her that he was trying hard not to be so worried about her.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 12:38 am

The little black cat looked down, though her normal shining bright orbs were still darkened. She began to jump down from branch to branch until she was just above Jay's head. Bastet mewed once more, complaining, and slowly jumped into Jay's arms. She snuggled herself closer to Jay's chest, and buried her face under her chin.

~~~

"She is very powerful,".

Bridgette nodded, and licked her lips, which were chapped. She did not respond for a couple minutes, though Max saw her sniff, to catch Jay's scent. It warmed his heart; she was thinking of Jay even when she could hardly breathe herself. Finally, she sighed, and leaned her head back on Max's shoulder.

"I'm fine; I'm fine. I've just never...Caitire was always careful not to let us hear....Oh, I'm not making any sense, am I?" she stammered. She let out a huge sigh and giggled at herself. It echoed throughout the cave, and she smiled, shaking her head.

"Yes, she's more powerful than I ever imagined. She just...she just called out to Our Mother, the One Who Made Us, the Moon Goddess of Old. Caitire, the Omega of my....of, the Darkfang pack, has the gift as well, but she never let us actually hear her do it, hear her call to Our Mother," she explained. She kissed Max on the cheek.

"Don't get worry lines; you're too pretty for worry lines," she teased. She stood up, and she no longer trembled.

"Hopefully Our Mother will answer her call. If She does, Daciana will know what to do, even if it sounds...like madness...we must listen to her. No wonder she is Alpha. I have no doubt...the Mother...it was the Mother who made Daciana Alpha. I was a fool to call her blasphemous. It was I that was blasphemous," she whispered, talking to herself out loud.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 3:29 pm

Max stood slowly and wrapped his arms around her again. Pleased that he could touch her with out her snapping at him, "Perhaps you were but Daciana is a great leader and if she was chosen by Mother Her self then she can forgive you." He closed his eyes for a moment. Sleep's fingers crawled up around him but he opened his eyes and forced him self to change once more.

Jay had climbed down from the tree and was walking towards them. She still thought about running. Bridgette was fast though and an itching feeling on her skin gave her a clue that it would be no use. Her eyes were red with hunger and she carefully walked around them and then to the back of the cave. Crouching there she held Bastet close and tried her best to comfort her. Petting her head and telling her that Moira was going to be saved.

Max shook his fur as a way of waking him self up more fully. He took in a deep breath of the air and with a pleased wave of his tail trotted out of view. When he returned he was covered in dirt and carried two rabbits in his grip. One was still alive and kicking wildly. It made his heart squeeze as Jay moved with inhuman speed and snatched it from his jaws. Returning to the back of the cave.

He set the rabbit down for Bridgette and let out a huge yawn. Nudging the rabbit towards Bridgette, "You didn't eat as much as me." Besides he felt too tired to eat anything. With that he flopped down but though his eyes were shut he wouldn't fall asleep.

His muscles were taught as if ready to attack. They were in a cave in the middle of another packs territory and they had very few members of the pack near by. His ears stood tall and his muscles were tightened visibly under his golden coat.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 6:32 pm

Bridgette forced herself not to cringe as Jay sank her fangs into the hare's throat. She didn't think she'd ever get used to that particular part of being around vampires. She shifted, and rubbed her head gently against Max.

"Calm down. The Darkfangs wouldn't attack their only ally, and you and I are more than enough to take down any random stray lee...hostile vampires" she said. She had been about to say 'leeches' and even though Jay couldn't understand her now that she was a wolf, she didn't want to offend Max. She didn't think of Jay as a leech, but that didn't change what she thought of your average vampire. She tore into the hare, and the meat was gone in a matter of moments. After eating, she sat at the opening of the cave. Her ears and nose were held high as she sampled the night air on full alert. She was not worried, but she was no fool either. Suddenly, she smiled, and a howl floated into the cave.

Victor...

Before long, the massive Beta wolf had trotted into the cave. His eyes were dark, and he looked around.

"She went to call to Our Mother," Bridgette answered before he could ask. He nodded, and sat down.

"Then she probably already knows everything I have to tell. Winslow took her to Kristof. I think it was some kind of deal between the two. If Kristof tells Daciana her prophecy, then the leech will need a replacement entertainer, and apparently he's taken a liking to Moira," he said. Bridgette's fur bristled, and her muzzle wrinkled, revealing her deadly fangs.

"What do you think Daciana will have us do?" she asked. She was grateful that Jay hadn't heard what they were talking about. It would be hard enough for the fledgling to hear, and she probably wouldn't like what Bridgette figured would be their course of action. Victor shook his head.

"She'll have us do whatever Our Mother would, and we had best obey, no matter what it is. She'll be back soon. Until then, we wait," he said, glancing at Jay. Waiting and doing nothing. Even he knew she wouldn't like it. Bridgette gave a pained look at Max as if to apologize.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 3:57 am

Max didn't answer her but did return her nuzzle. When she had finished eating she sat at the front of the cave and his eyes opened to watch her. Moonlight was almost completely diminished but the stars still shone. He watched her brighten and knew that it was Victor that returned.

He rose to his paws just as Victor entered and joined them. He didn't respond but gave Bridgette a grateful look at her own discomfort on waiting around. Though his gaze went to Jay. She had her eyes closed tight and was breathing through her nostrils. No longer able to pet Bastet and just holding her tightly.

Sleep forgotten he was across the cave in moments. He shoved his nose in to her face.

"Don't," She whispered through her teeth and when her eyes opened they were bright red, "It's too small." She whimpered it had only made her hungry for the kill that vampires were made to make. She didn't dare touch Max and closed her eyes again.

"Damn it," Max barked and everything laid heavily on his shoulders. Forced to change yet again he pulled at Jay.

She opened her eyes but didn't bite him she reached up and touched under his eyes, "You have dark rings Max I can't."

Anger seemed to seethe around him, "Drink Jay. I wont let you attack people."

Jay flinched away, "Stop Max." The anger faded as quickly as it had come and he pressed her to his chest whispering his apology, "It's okay. I know it's a lot for you. Sleep I can handle this. You're being the grumpy man again."

Max grinned tiredly and slipped one last time in to his wolf form. Curling up close he fell asleep almost instantly but forcing her self to move, Jay stroked her fingers through his fur until a small and sort of cute snore escaped his jaws. Letting out a sigh she leaned back and held Bastet tight closing her eyes again.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 12:05 pm

Bridgette had watched this entire conversation with narrowed, worried eyes. The red she-wolf growled softly to the huge Beta wolf. Victor looked at Jay for a while in silence, and then growled something back. Whatever it was, it cause the red she-wolf to smile slightly, and bow her head. Bridgette shifted and walked over to Jay.

"Come on; you and I are going hunting," she said in a very small whisper. She knew Jay would be able to hear her, and she didn't want to wake Max.

"I'm more than fast enough to keep up and get away if you lose control. I know you went on a hunt with Moira once, so I don't think I'll have to do much except follow you and make sure you're all right. As soon as you're...fed, we come straight back here, all right?" she asked. She suddenly looked down at Max's sleeping form, and appeared as if she were about to choke. Tears formed in her ocean eyes, and she glanced back up at Jay.

"I know you have every right to hate me, but I hope you don't," she whimpered as a tear fell down her cheek. She wiped it away hastily, and regained her composure.

"I'll be waiting outside when you're ready," she said. She shifted quickly, and the red she-wolf trotted away into the night, sitting just outside the cave. Bastet jumped from Jay's arms, apparently aware of what was going on. The cat wanted no part in hunting. There was no telling if that was all right, or a very bad thing. True, the cat was actually older than Jay, and may have been able to go longer without food, but....well, there was nothing they could do for her now. The black cat rolled herself in a fuzzy, dark ball at the back of the cave and tucked her head into her paws.

Victor nodded his huge head at Jay and then Max. The Beta approved of the plan, and would watch over Max while he slept. He was only one wolf, but he was so massive, even for a werewolf, that Jay couldn't help but feel Max would be safe while they were gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dragon and HFCP
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next